Cold don't stop me

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Smith2287, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Well the other day my brother got in a minor accident in the parking lot of his school, no one was injured and in fact both jeeps only had some surface scratches. My brother has been driving now for almost about a year and he does not wash his truck at all, only after he goes in the mud at one of those do it yourself places so there are swirls everywhere. The only spot where he had any scratches from the accident was on the door and being a jeep I just took it off and set up shop in my house in the heat. Since I got my order from phil the other day I could not wait to try out my menzerna polishes and adams clay.

So i brought the door inside proped it up and here was what it looked like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I did a waterless wash it DP waterless wash and then proceded onto the adams clay with adams QD as the lube:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I moved onto the menzerna IP with an orange pad, followed by the 106ff with a white pad. I was amazed on how much I was able to correct with only the P.C. I was not going to waste my brand new lusso on a jeep door that never gets cared for, so I pulled out my tub of natty's blue and gave it 2 coats. I shocked myself with the finished outcome because I never really corrected paint up till now, sorry I don't have a pic of the door back on the jeep in the sunlight but I saw it today and it looked great. I can't wait to get my flex and metabo for christmas, he already gave me permission to play with the rotary because he is getting the thing repainted in the spring. Sorry for getting carried away here are some pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will try to get a pic of the door on the truck tomorrow in the light, but they white mark that you see in a bunch of the pics is a deep dent that was there when he got the truck.

Thanks guys for looking, feedback is good both +/-

-Corey

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Looks very good Smith :D It was ALOT of swirls on it, damn! But looks great now! Thanks for sharing.

3. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Man that panel needed some correcting. It's good you have something to play around with the rotary :D

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That is some phenomenal work Corey! You did all of this with the PC? Great work!

Love this pic by the way, love product pics...

[​IMG]

5. Smith2287

Thanks guys for the complements, and P1et I like taking product pictures a lot.

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I forgot to comment about the product picture :p. How do you like the adam's detail spray compared to other brands?

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Well done there Smith, the turn around is quite nice...question for you...what are your thoughts on the Adams product? Just wondering...oh and I agree with P1et, I enjoy seeing pictures of products :thumb:

Thank you for sharing...oh and how cold is it down your neck of the woods?

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Great work there bro! You did an outstanding job and doesn't Menzerna make life so much easier! Love how well the door came out you did an awesome job. I have never tried Natty's but I love all the other products in your pic! You will be unstoppable once you get the Flex!

9. Smith2287

This was my first encounter with adams products and I think they did well. The adams QD seemed to work great and smelled like fruit. The clay smoothed the paint out perfectly and I used the under carriage spray today on my truck and it darkened my wheel wheels right up. In my next order from phil I am going to get a gallon of the QD and my try some of their other products. Maybe tomorrow I try the QD on my paint and see how it compares to CG synthetic QD, DP final gloss, and SC QD.

10. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

You will never go back from Adam's Detail Spray and especially their Car Wash is amazing....undercarriage is a neccesity, and MY ALLTIME FAVE is their IN and OUT spray!

11. Smith2287

Yeah I was looking at the in and out spray trying to decide if its something I should try, and well you just made up my mind I am going to pick one up. Can you give some tips on where to use the spray. :D

12. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

looks great!

13. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

great job, im sure your bro is happy you could do that.

so does the rest of the car look funny now that it has one section that it swirl free?

14. Smith2287

I saw the truck in the sun and it looks so funny. I just laugh thinking about it, his driver side door is swirl free and clean and the rest of the truck is covered in dirt and water marks. You know what this means now I am going to have to do the whole truck so it looks respectable.

I will try to take a pic tomorrow

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh what a shame...your going to have to detail the entire thing hahahahahaha :woot: :woot: