Cola spill on carpet.

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by detaildude3629, Aug 24, 2010.

1. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

Hey Guys a customer called and asked me if I could clean the interior of there vehicle this coming weekend, customer said they spilled cola on the carpets been there about 3 weeks now, question is what chemical would you reccommend on this? I have all type of cleaners maybe a all purpose cleaner or something else, let me know what would you guys use. Thanks for all information.:applause2:

2. rwright

rwright Birth of a Detailer

3. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Steam... but I have a steamer...

4. rwright

FTW! But not everyone has access to one so you have to what you can with what's available. Just think how fast a steamer would pay for itself by not having to invest in chemicals, applicators, gloves, etc.

5. detaildude3629

True about the steamer, I don't have one, I do have a bisselle Little Green Machine w/heat I will use that for now, so if you bought a steamer what would be recommend for a decent price? Thanks:applause2:

6. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

APC, a brush and a little love

7. rwright

I'm looking at the VX 5000 after several recommendations. But my purchase will be a little later in the year, after more research.

8. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I'm rocking the VX5000... love it.

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

:agree:

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Haven't tried Folex yet. Where might I find some?

11. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Lowe's and Home Depot.

12. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Bissell LGM and Folex FTMFW

13. rwright

Really? I was not aware of this! Thanks!

14. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

this. might want to agitate it with a stiff bristled brush first since its been sitting for three weeks.

15. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Just to add to billy's statement. If you have a DA, you should get a brush attachment like the one sold by Auto Detailing Solutions. It really cuts down the time I spend cleaning filthy floormats and it also works for interior carpet. I usually don't go any higher than speed 3.

16. detaildude3629

Yea, I will get some Folex as a easy get for me, I work at lowes,,,, thanks again,,keep them coming guys...how much will that steamer go for?:applause2:

17. detaildude3629

I do have a pc, don't have them brushes though, do they work well?:applause2:

18. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

yep. makes quick work although a bit messy if it gets too wet.

19. GDAL

GDAL Guest

What he said ... they speed up nasty jobs though!!