Coffee w/milk Odor will not come out

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by WashMe, Oct 25, 2012.

1. WashMe

WashMe DB Forum Supporter

I searched but didn't find to much on this subject, My wife recently spilled about half a cup of coffee with milk in the front passenger side floor of her car and the smell is driving me nuts...smells like vomit. So far I have tried Adams carpet cleaner, it got the coffee stains out but the smell was still there so I tried some Pet carpet and odor remover with warm water and a shop vac still nothing, then I tried misting on some isopropyl alcohol still nothing. With coffee smells what I have done in the past is usually knock it out with my steam cleaner, but my steam cleaner took a dump about a week before the spillage happened.:duh: Any help with getting rid of this smell I GREATLY appreciate it.

2. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

what kinda milk?
    sorry couldnt help it.

you might need to see if any got under carper on cars metal floor. if its there you need to clean it. covering it up with stuff not gona do the job probably

3. WashMe

WashMe DB Forum Supporter

Half &Half :doh:

4. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

For a problem such as this, you will need some sort of enzyme cleaner to actually kill the bacteria that is growing and producing the smell. I use a product called Biozyme from a local detail supplier. Carpet cleaners typically won't do the job to remove the bacteria.

-Kody-

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Probably soaked through into the padding. If not, steaming and DrivePur will work.

6. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

This.

I used a enzyme cleaner used for dog stains for the carpet in an old car I used to have.

Its called Natures Miracle, available at most pet stores.
    Theres many different formulas, but the one I used advertised to be able to clean up blood(hey! Nothing sinister here folks), as i originally bought it to clean up some blood from one of my pups that had stepped on a sharp piece of slag in the garage from when I used to weld. Cleaned up excellently, and smells great.
    From the listed ingredients, its all natural as the brand indicates so theres no staining/bleaching to worry about, but its always recommended to test for color-fastness.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12248346&f=PAD/psNotAvailInUS/No

I know its not correct to use a household item for an automotive application, but since they are made of similar fibers, I tried it out and works just fine.

7. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Dead spot on ^^^^^^^^^ pardon the pun.

8. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

I picked my niece up from my sisters and she ended up dropping her bottle and spilling her milk in my truck. I didnt think much of it since I didnt notice it on the carpet. After about 3-4 days, I walked into my truck to a terrible, rotting smell. I initially blamed my brother who used my truck to go to the gym and thought its BO. Then, it dawned on my about the milk. It fkn stinks! I have no extractor. All I have to clean it is 303 carpet/upholstry cleaner. I'll give it a shot this week.

9. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Two Bucket System Washer

Crap, my girlfriend was babysitting and the little girl squeezed her bottle and milk went all over the interior. I'm going to be paying close attention to see what works best from this thread...

10. Exotic Detailing

Exotic Detailing Virgin Detailer

Id suggest using a good extractor and chemicals, followed up with an odor bomb..