Coffee Stains

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Solidsnake, May 12, 2009.

1. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

I've just got my car back from my brother, who was borrowing it for about 4 months, when I got it back, I discovered there were coffee stains on the carpet, so I tried cleaning them with the OXYFOAM scrubber, it kind of got rid of it, but you can easily see an outline of the stain. Its like heavily dense around the edges of the spill and starts to get less dense as it reaches the center of the spill. Kind of like a gradient. Any ideas?

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Ideas of what to remove it? I hear CG's Lightning fast or Majestic Solutions Extractor are great products.

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Folex. You can get it at home depot or lowes.

4. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I have a NASTY coffee stain on the carpet of my car... I've worked on it every weekend for a month and have had no luck...

I'm pretty ready to just redye the stained part....

That being said 1:1 Woolite did a decent job, but I am going to try Zep High Traffic on it before I get too drastic.

5. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Try CG Lightning Fast. I have used lots of carpet cleaning products such as Meg's, Adam's, etc but this one is the best. I bought a gallon of it actually. I dilute it 2:1. water:product

6. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I've got a bottle of Lightning Fast, and I only think it's okay. Majestic Solutions' Extraction Plus though, that stuff is incredible. You cut it 10:1 (!!), so it lasts forever, and it smells great. I dry brush, then vacuum, them spray on the Extraction Plus and brush again. Then, I either just blot the stain up with a Costco microfiber, or I "fake" an extraction machine with a spray bottle of hot water and my shop vac. Works like a champion. Like JL and I say - "it's witchcraft in a bottle." I'm sure it would work even better in a proper extraction machine.

7. richy

richy Guest

Man this company's products really do interest me! Have you ever tried the Zep traffic lane cleaner? How does it compare to the Maj product? I just bought a gallon of the Zep...I hope it's as good as they say...I have yet to try it.

8. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Richy, I can't help you there - never tried it.

9. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I would try Majestic Solutions Extraction plus as has been mentioned or their enzyme cleaner.

10. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Folex works well. You may need to use it multiple times.

11. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I would try folex, that stuff took out some two cycle gas/oil out of a carpet for me today.

12. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

:thumb::thumb:

As its had ample time to 'set' try Bac-Out - the safest and most advanced stain and odour eliminator on the market, contains live enzyme cultures that attack organic stains (food, etc) and odours until they are gone

13. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Ok guys I'll give it a shot with which ever of those I could find, and let you guys know how it went.

14. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Where do you get Folex?

15. pektel

Home Depot/Walmart

16. pektel

At walmart it should be by the brooms/mops etc. By all the cleaning supplies by that area. White bottle with a spray top. Purple writing if I remember correctly.

17. Showcasedetail

Showcasedetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Home Depot has it for pretty cheap. I think it's like $5 for a good sized bottle.

18. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I'm going to go to HD tomorrow to get some Zep might pick some of the Folex up and do a compare....

19. richy

richy Guest

I'll be very interested to see your findings.

20. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I've got a WICKED stain to try it on :)

Light Graphite carpet too!