Cliffs of Insanity Rally Pics

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by brianja, Nov 5, 2009.

1. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

Every year there is a rally through the West Point / Bear Mountain area. It has become a tradition. It is predominantly attended by Audis because that is where most of the advertising takes place, but there are other makes represented too.

Somehow I became the "official" photographer for the event this year and I thought I would share with you guys. Here is a link to the gallery and a few of the shots:

brianja.smugmug.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Looks like a last...some are some great pics and the cars are not to shabby also.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Lovely photos! What setup did you use?

4. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

Thanks guys.

Denzil - these were taken with a Canon 5DmkII and a combination of lenses including:

35f1.4L
    70-200f2.8L IS
    24-105f4L IS

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

looks good, its too bad I couldn't come by how many cars this year?

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Wow, that's a pretty cool setup there. I'm still up in the air between a 24-105 and a 24-70. I think I read that a 24-105 at 70mm is better than a 24-70 at 70mm... or maybe it was the other way around... :shead:

7. brianja

brianja Jedi Nuba

I would guess about 100. It was a good turnout.

Thanks. I had to decide between the 24-105 and the 24-70 myself a few years ago. It was a tough call.

You have a figure out what you are going to be using the lens for to determine which to go with.

• IQ of the 24-70 all around is probably marginally better.
    • The f2.8 of the 24-70 will come in handy for moving subjects in low light (and that extra-shallow DOF).
    • The IS of the 24-105 will make up that one stop for stationary low-light subjects.
    • As this is my primary walk around lens I wanted the extra reach of 105mm.
    • I couldn't get used to the reverse zoom on the 24-70, though I am sure I would eventually (the front of the lens is fully retracted at 70mm and extends out as you go to 24mm)
    For me I went with the 24-105 because I wanted the extra reach and I didn't really need the f2.8. For moving low-light shots I will use a fast prime instead (like the 35f1.4L).

I hope that may have helped a little. It's a tough decision.