Clear bra paint junction when polishing..

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by kav, May 8, 2008.

1. kav

kav Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I am about to polishmy car with the PC and was wondering about how to deal with the clear bra, paint junction. Do you tap this junction off to prevent collection of polish along the seam?? I did plan to polish the clear bra at low speed with the SIP at some point during the process.

2. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Tape it off. Clean with something like Plexus before you decide to take a polish to it. You may wanna consider FF/FA or 85RD instead of SIP.

YMMV

3. Denalio

Denalio Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I used menz 85rd with a LC black pad with only the weight of the machine pressure. Just dont let the clearbra get too hot. Move the machine quickly and just graze the surface. Worked good for me.

4. kav

kav Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thank you!

5. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

I tape the edge of the bra first north of the bra corect it then retape south with wider tape so i wont burry wax under the edge when i have to do heavy corection on the paint.

6. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

+1 SIP is too aggressive to use on a clear bra.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

I've polished the 3M clear protection on the vehicles and yes most of the time you don't need to go too agresive and lower your RPM a bit and speed up the passes not too much but enough, actually here is a vide of how I polish the 3M...but keep in mind this is just my method, works for me and may not work for you but just sharing:

[​IMG]

Not sure if you can see the 3M but it's there oh and yes I would agree tape the edges it makes it easier to clean up, on this video I didn't tape the edges but after the amount of time to clean the edges I now tape the edges, live and learn I guess :shrug:

Any who, hope it helps.

8. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

Looks good to me nica!