Cleaning suede-ish seats

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by GloomyX, Mar 9, 2011.

1. GloomyX

GloomyX Birth of a Detailer

This upcoming spring will be my first year detailing my new Civic Si, and this will also be my first time detailing suede-ish fabric seats.

The seats are fairly clean, and no stains at all, maybe just a little dirt scuff from shoes and such from being winter. What product would be fail-safe to use on such material?

2. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I would say your best bet is to use just a damp MF, especially if they are not that dirty.

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Is it Alcantara on the seats ? If so, like has been said above, damp microfiber towel, if dirty. I have Alcantara inserts in my '09 Grand Cherokee and I just vacuum them with a good clean brush attachment when I wash the Jeep and if my wife spilled something on them, I damp clean them .

Dan F

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

like phil said or RaceGlaze Alcantara cleaner

6. GloomyX

GloomyX Birth of a Detailer

Thanks guys!

7. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Just browsing...thanks for the reminder.

I think I'll be detailing a friend's B5 S4 - the interior has blue-dyed alcantra accents. I was wondering how to do those. Thanks to all who added to this thread.

I assume all these methods and products won't cause any dye transfer if used accordingly.

8. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I used RG Alcantara claner ion Saturday on an STI with blue alcantara, no issues. worked quite well