Cleaning pads during a detail.

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by awdxtc, Jun 29, 2013.

1. awdxtc

awdxtc Birth of a Detailer

I was wondering how you guys clean your pads while in the process of a detail?

2. Tegeler

Tegeler Two Bucket System Washer

Depends on the polish. If i am using something like PG100 I will use a pad conditiong brush. While when I use FG400 I blot out my pad with a microfiber..seems to work okay for me even though it seems strange haha. Or if all else fails I just slap a fresh pad on

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

First of all, you have to have lots of pads...

What I do is throw the freshly used pads in a bucket of water and a packet of Snappy Clean and let them soak until I am finished, and then I will wash them and rinse them all out and set them on end somewhere to dry..

If you use Microfiber pads, they will be easier to wash and they dry way faster than a thick flat foam pad...

Dan F

4. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I do the same thing as Dan, but I also have a dedicated PC to spin the pads in order to remove most of the water. On a hot day, foam pads dry in 15-20 mins and mf pads dry in about 10 minutes.

5. awdxtc

awdxtc Birth of a Detailer

i was using fg400 today and it was starting to dust because of the Residue on the pad. I kinda managed it by hitting the pad with a spritz of Adams detail spray but was looking for a better option. I think I will buy a conditioning brush and more pads.

6. Colinpd137

Colinpd137 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Along with the MF conditioning brush, compressed air works wonders when cleaning MF pads

7. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Pad conditioning brush or terry cloth towel. Take your DA and pad in one hand then press up against the terry cloth towel in your other hand, turn on DA around speed 3.5 - 4 and clean away for a few seconds. The terry cloth does a nice job of cleaning both foam and MF pads. You can spritz some pad cleaner or just repeat until pad is clean enough.