Claying w/o scuffing paint

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by RNickolas, Oct 31, 2010.

1. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

2. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Did he just take a razor blade the paint???

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

:yikes::doh:yes he just did.......

Also seems like he is really bearing down on the panels when claying from the bowing of the hood....

4. SeanHfx

SeanHfx Virgin Detailer

UM...

Here is a tip: Don't take your car to this guy to have it detailed. Way too much pressure and speed, then he talks about going up/down or left/right not in circles (just after he did). I may only be an amateur detailer on my own car, but I consider myself more professional that that guy.

WOW

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Holy S***!

6. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

mmmm these guys aint touching my car in any way, fairly zomg shocking!

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

It's amazing how many of these idiot detailers run around and "detail" cars all day long.

8. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

the wash guys in my dealership does that :)

9. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

10. Minicoop831

Minicoop831 Birth of a Detailer

Wax before you clay lol, genius idea

Does he get he's just wasting wax

WTF a razor blade that deserves a slap on the face

11. NISMOGOD

NISMOGOD Virgin Detailer

"You know, if you have stuff that has a lot of scuffs in it"......... (waiting for him to finish) ... never finishes.. haha... 2 min for a panel? WOW! this guy is hilarious..

**UPDATE**

had to re-edit this post when i realized later in the video he actually uses a razor blade OMG ... HUGE FAIL!

12. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

i dont know how you guys watched all 10 miuntes of that.

13. pecka13

pecka13 Birth of a Detailer

im discusted.

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

first of all the guy is a homo, not somebody I'd trust to detail a car. Second, he is rubbing the shit out of paint with that clay bar using hardly any lube...if he likes it bone dry up his butt, that might be ok, but with the paint it's different. And he is using a razor blade on the paint? He is defenetely a nerd...I've seen some dumb detailers, but this one takes the cake...

15. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

I don't even know where to start...he's bearing down so hard that the panel is buckling under the pressure, he has the clay rolled up like a ball which means there's only a small portion of it to pick up stuff off the paint, he never re-kneaded the clay once, and it looks like he's using bath towels.

Also, what made him think taking a razor blade to paint was alright to do? And maybe it's just me but it looks like he might have sanded the trim around the windows because the finish on them appears altered, like it's too flat.

I don't like criticizing people, but damn. It's like one day he decided that he was going to clean cars, without knowing much of anything about it.

16. pecka13

yeah i think he woke up one day and said to himself

"I think im gonna be a pro detailer"

17. tonipieleanu

tonipieleanu Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm gonna play a little devil's advocate so don't ban me for this :worship2:

First of all his claying technique is :yikes: bad, BUT in order fully remove severe paint overspray you really have to work the clay, even put some pressure on it.
    I had my car oversprayed by parking near a construction site and it took a long time to get it all out using Megs Aggressive clay and ALOT of clay lube (which he clearly doesn't use enough) but I had to resort to some pressure in order to remove all of it in a timely manner.
    In case of severe overspray you HAVE to polish the car afterwards anyway. There's no way you can clean severe overspray safely without spending 2 weeks on a car :)

Now he next video :D (yes, he has alot of vids as I've discovered) is even more interesting.
    Have a look at those machine polishing skills ON the rubber trim :shead:
    Is this really possible? I still haven't found a way to remove overspray from my trim :(

[youtube]obD57Mg7_Xc[/youtube]

18. pecka13

to get that amount of overspray on a car, the shop has to literally paint and primer the car without masking anything off. This is rediculous.

And im getting sick watching this guy.

19. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

did he call his dewaltz henry?

20. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

he really needs to have his balls polished...