Clayed forthe first time

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by fobe46, Jul 6, 2008.

1. fobe46

fobe46 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hey guys.. I just clayed my car for the first and I had a few questions. I used the Zaino clay bar

1. How much clay lube do you guys use? At first I used a little but it wasn't gliding very smoothly so i sprayed more as I went on and it glided very well. However, it wasn't removing the containments at all.
    2. When I put too little lube.. i feel resistance when im gliding.. is that normal? When i put a lot of lube.. i have to use a good amount of pressure to remove the containments.

If anyone has an answer or a tip i'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: I used the clay magic lube.. if that matters.. oh yeah.. it smelled wonderful!! :)

2. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

1. From what Ive read, the Zaino bar is pretty mild.

2. You really shouldnt get any resistance. If you do, chances are it will marr the paint. Not a big deal if you're going to be polishing though.

3. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

yeah i went at a mark one type and marred it,.. but i polished it up and now it looks like a mirror!! just be careful.. if you feel any resistance use more lube.. you can never have too much.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I would have to agree with what D&D and Purplewidow have said. I enjoy claying, but then again I enjoy man handleling a vehicle :giggle:

Any who yes, use lots of lube and the type of clay you choose to use will reflect the end results/experiance. Having said that I've never used the Zaino clay bar so I can't really comment on how well it performs.

5. fobe46

fobe46 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for the help guys! :worship2:

I heard that the Zaino clay isn't as good as some of the other ones out there, but I found out AFTERI bought it so.. :\

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

A lot of people like Clay Magic, which you can buy OTC. I like to use ONR diluted to lube ratio.

7. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

Zaino bar works great for me make a mixutre (one cap of z7 to one spray bottle of water) and just use alot and it will glide. Knead the often. The best clay i have used is griots

8. Spiggz535i

Spiggz535i Virgin Detailer

I bought 4 bars of CG Blue claybar light any feedback on that, its for a brand new car ???

9. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

You're good to go :thumb:

10. Wendell inc.

Wendell inc. Birth of a Detailer

I have zaino clay and it sucks. I will never buy it again. If im guna buy a mild clay i go with sonus green. But now i need to find a more powerful clay... Im looking at the megs clay or the clay magic clay. Not sure what to buy yet tho.

11. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

I like Megs medium clay. It gets all the contamination while being as gentle as alot of finer clays.