Clayblock-surface cleaner clay alternative (block+

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ahwil_lim, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

anyone using CG clayblock? is it like clay bar? what is diff? pls suggestion ... planning to add into collection shelf ....

cheers

2. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

I hate that thing. We sold/sell it but I tried it a few times and afterward went back over with clay and the clay picked up a ton more. Plus when the edge of the block hit the paint it left black marks that I had to go back and get off as well.

3. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

X2
    I've tried this product on several applications and the clay block worked terrible in comparison to other methods. There's a reason why I never see/hear anyone mentioning these things.

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Definitely no one of the better ideas. I use it since I have on wheels

5. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Get the ABC Decontamination system instead.

6. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

I'd just get clay as it's way more versatile.

7. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

The conclusion is using clay bar instead of this clay block ....

Luckily I post it to ask abt it ... I could cancel the order with CG now hehe ...

8. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

I actually like tt clay block. It save me time compared to conventional claying but it is not a direct subsitute for a clay bar. On a more contaminated car, I use it very lightly on the panel first before i go through again with a clay bar, helps alot especially you don't have to keep kneading the clay for a clean surface. Just take note that you need alot of lubricant when using or it can be very dangerous.

9. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

I used that on my Impreza and still had to clay. Clay's just so much easier and faster and does a better job, in my eyes.