1. goldyhan23

goldyhan23 Virgin Detailer

Does Megs ACP work as a clay lube? if not, any recommendations on a cost effective lube that will be used in mass amounts?

2. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Eh man APC doesnt work. ONR is perfect. You can buy it in the gallons too. Use it for a wash, QD, and clay lube.

3. merlin3008

merlin3008 Birth of a Detailer

+1 for ONR

the slickest

4. goldyhan23

thanks for the recommendation, i actually have some of that on the way. so when you use onr as a car wash, do you put it in a gallon of water as well? or as the title says, actually use no water

5. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

ONR for a wash is like 1oz/2gallons if I remember correctly
    ONR clay lube=1:16

6. mx22

mx22 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

have you guys used Adam's detail spray as lube? Any openions - good/bad? They sell them by a gallon and 5 gallon bottle...

Btw, ONR = Optimum No Rinse, right?

7. use water as lube :chips:

8. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

ONR works great as a clay lube and man you hardly have to use any of it at all. I use about 1/2 a cap full in a small bottle hat i have which is roughly 20oz's i believe and it works incredibly well.

9. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Only with bilt hamber clay my friend :p

10. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

If you want to be really cost effective, just use a half cap full of wash soap and the rest water in a spray bottle. You'll have to rinse the car after claying tho. Or just use straight water. ONR at clay lube dilution is my choice tho. Adams detail spray is nice too, but its not exactly cheap for a gallon. I guess you could dilute that too if you really wanted to.

11. I use water only with Riccardo everyday :cig:

12. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

hmm, ill try that when i get my Yellow Ricky.

13. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Another one for ONR. Love it!!

IMO ... it might be too slick to use on heavily contaminated cars. I rather use something less slick if I know I'm not picking enough contaminants and I'm doing some polishing after. I tend to use an AIO (poli-seal) after clay 'cause both of my vehicles have soft clears.

14. cnut

cnut Guest

A little car soap and water mix for me as well. Pretty economical.

15. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i tried that before or use to use that before but found that the car soap deteriorated the clay pretty quick. Was weird if you ask me.

16. BimmerSean

BimmerSean Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I really like to preserve my clay so I use a 50/50 mix of Megs final Touch Detail Spray with Deer Park Natural Spring water or a 50/50 mix of Chem. Guys "Luber" with the Deer Park. Soaps tend to detorriate the clay/

17. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

yeah i experienced that before. The soap made for a great lube but at the same time it does dry out not only the clay but the paint as well.

ONR allows the clay to glide and it leaves the paint feeling great!

18. Ynnekdude

Ynnekdude Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I use Adam's and it works great. Smells good too.

and yes to the ONR

19. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i have been using CG maxi suds as clay lube, it has high dilution ratios and works great, have to try ONR to compare

20. goldyhan23

thanks for all the recommendations!