Chocolate Milk on cloth

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by EvoFire, May 28, 2010.

1. EvoFire

EvoFire Birth of a Detailer

Help guys, I spilled 250ml of chocolate milk on the backseat of my Highlander! I didn't know about it and it soaked in over night and most of the next day. I've tried to do my best with a towel and 2 buckets of water, the water turned brown :doh:

Now... what else can I do? I know how to fix paint, but have almost no experience with interior. Thank god I didn't do that to my dad's new Genesis.

2. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

try some sort of an extraction machine. from a little green machine bissel to borrowing a shops larger unit. also their could be a problem with proteins leading to very smelly lingering odors. i did the same choc. milk to a new mustang 20 years ago when i knew squat about detailing. togwt would have info on protein stain removal.

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Protein Stain Remover

Protein Stain Remover HT-67 will remove blood, urine pet, and food stains, but what makes it unique is it's formulation. The stain remover is a highly concentrated, biodegradable powder that is designed to be mixed with an all-purpose cleaner (i.e. P21s Total Auto Wash) - TOTL

Application - mix 1/4 cup to a gallon diluted, HT-49. Spray on the stained area and let set for a few minutes. Scrub with a carpet or upholstery brush. Spray and rinse with water, allow to dry and vacuum.

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Do you have a shop-vac (wet/dry vac) if so then you can use that as a make shift extractor.

5. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

You will still need to neutelize the milk 'smell'. That's the reason for allowing HT-67 to dry before removal

6. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

True, I was just giving another option for a water extractor if OP did not have one but had a shop-vac handy. Use that to rinse the fabric.

I had milk spill in my parents car and I didnt know anything about it to just did surface cleaning and looked great. Then a day or so after there was a really hot summer day where the car sat and and yeah, smell was there...:yikes:. So clean it up properly like togwt suggested and you should not have any issues.

7. EvoFire

EvoFire Birth of a Detailer

^ Exactly, smells gross right now.

I can always use those wet/dry vacuums at self serve car washes for extracting uses. I have half a mind to remove the rear seats and deal with them later.

BTW, what is this HT-67 thing. Can I get it at any home hardware store or detailing store?

8. Yes, yank that seat out and blast it with a pressure washer. Hang that bad boy out to dry and you'll be golden in 24 hours :meditation:

BTW I also am a big fan of chocalate milk :drinking2:

9. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

TOTL = Topofthe line.com