Chemical Guys Wheel Wax Guard

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by supercharged, Nov 8, 2007.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Anyone out there used CG Wheel Wax Guard? How is it compared to Poorboy's Wheel Sealant, and DP Wheel Glaze? Durability, easy of use? Or should I just stick with Jetseal?

TIA.

2. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I do not believe a wheel sealant is any better than a good paint sealant....any good paint sealant or wax will protect as good if not better than a wheel sealant....

If a wheel sealant was better ..why not use it on paint....to me its a gimmick...

any top shelf product like Jet seal....DG 105...collinite.. will last longer...

I have tried a wheel sealant and tossed it ...just use a good sealant

Al

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Thanks, Al. I son't want to use any carnauba wax, as wheels do get really hot, and carnauba will start melting at around 200*.

4. Al-53

unless you track a car or do heavy braking in city traffic...wax will not melt away..how many times have you burnt your hands on your rims....think about it..most wheel grease is parrafin based..

unless you ride the brake....any of the collinites will last ....

AL

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I slap some Jetseal on my wheels, looks good and actually lasts quite some time. You won't see it bead up (at least not on my chrome wheels) but removing brake dust is a breeze.

6. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I have the following wheel sealants:

CG, DP, PB, WW = ALL JUNK. Yes even the CG.

I just applied SW Autobahn, verdict is still pending.
    But for the record $38 for 50ml!!!! (not a typo!) Think mentholatum Tin....

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

The Michelin stuff actually works. I was surprised! It is cheap and effective. Just apply it to the left front wheel and leave the right wheel un-waxed, and test it for yourself.

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Where can I get some?

9. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

Klasse AIO works the best for me...jetseal works just as good durability wise..but far pricier and klasse has cleaners as an added bonus

10. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Al, can you tell me why you say a high end sealant will last longer then the wheel sealants mentioned?

11. Al-53

I have tried 2 wheel sealants.....PB's and the one from American racing which I believe is relabeled .I believe it was the same as wheel wax brand..but they did not last as long as a paint sealant or a wax.....

Now...if the wheel sealant is as durable as they say...why not use it on paint....

Answer me this...what makes wheel sealant any more durable than a durable sealant or wax...I say nothing..its a market thing....

I used collinite on my front wheels and Dg 105 on my rear wheels as a test last winter....and it held up all winter...I mix a soap and water in a spray bottle and spray the truck with it..I do not use the wand wash soap....and I just rinse it with rinse water..and wheels came clean....and were beading also..they are clear coated mags....

to me there is no difference in wheel wax and a good sealant or wax..its a market thing....

AL

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Which Collinite did you use on the wheels?

13. D&D Auto Detailing

I have no idea what would make a wheel sealant more durable then a paint sealant, thats why I asked you. :D I believe it most definitely could be a marketing thing, like many other things. Have you ever tried using PB wheel sealant on paint?

Im surprised that PB didnt last as long as wax on your wheels. Ive started using JS on my wheels instead of my DP. But Im not sure a wax will be able to outlast a wheel sealant too.

14. Al-53

I used the 885 one..same as the double coat 476S..works like a champ....I have used the IW 845 also..but I think the paste held up better....

If I can put it on in Nov and come spring I have clean wheels I know it works....thats what happened last year....

this year I cleaned the wheels with DG 501 and it also laid a base down..and topped it with collinite 885 fleetwax.....

if the fleetwax hold up on a boats hull in the water..it will work on wheels...lol....

AL

15. D&D Auto Detailing

Sounds good, thanks Al.

16. Al-53

D&D....

a durable wax will last..your wheels will never hit temps a wax will need to disapate...if so you have a problem...lol....

next time you go for a drive..feel your wheels when you stop....you will not burn your hand ...paint in the sun will get hotter than a wheel will..

Al

17. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Hey al-53 I 'm glad to see you are here too,so you even use Cloinite on wheels?man this stuff is so versatile.I know you are a big fan of DG products ,I should try the the DG105 topped with colinite on my friend's car,but it has to be IW 845,that's what I have .
    BTW I didn't receive the wax you sent me,probably post office lost it or something,thanks all the same though.

18. Al-53

you can use collinite IW on rims...it will last 3 months ..but the pastes last all winter for me...just use the IW over 105 and use AW on the wheels to maintain them..will last all winter then...I sent u a PM also on the stuff I sent you...

AL