Chemical Guys- what are the must haves???

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by supercharged, Oct 26, 2007.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

What's your favorite Chemical Guys products??? What are the must haves?
    I hear a lot of good things about EZ creame, and Blitz. Any others???
    So far I tried XXX carnauba wax, M-seal. Wasn't impressed with either one.
    Citrus Wash-n-Gloss is good, and so is JetSeal. Leather condtioner was O.K.

Any other???

TIA.

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I have the citrus wash n gloss, I like it, it's so cheap and price per wash is cheap. Some people are scared that it's too strong for their LSP though..

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Jetseal for sure. Will be trying their blue wheel cleaner soon.

4. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

CG one is irreplaceable in my arsenal..but I know to some the price is a turn off...their lightning fast carpet cleaner is awesome...and it is a great SAFE engine degreaser and wheel cleaner to boot...their microfiber wash does a great job of getting MF fluffy...and jetseal is the shizz...their body shop safe compounds work very well...but i will admit they do dust quite a bit...i can get their diamond cut 1500 followed by pro-polish to finish just as well...and do just as much correction as SIP and 106ff...the trade off is you have to have pretty solid technique...and deal with slightly more dust...but at 1/20th the price it is worth it on "cheaper" details....i have been promoting wash n gloss for months as a detailers dream soap...not the best "weekly wash" soap...but gets cars clean with minimal product...in a foam lance/cannon it cant be beat....their synthtic qd is a workhorse for me...final wipedown, doorjambs, clay lube, wetsanding lube, pad conditioner, window cleaner, and dust wipedowns....they now have picked up the better claymagic blue clay, and less marring polyclay to round out their product line...their leather cleaner/conditioner AIO is good...nothing that is better than the rest...but it gets the job done. silk shine is a great economical replacement for 303 fans that works best on wheel wells, engine dressing, and of course interior vinyl...their restore gel is awesome too...revives exterior plastic and unpainted black plastic rocker panels and bumpers...as you can tell i am a CG fan :)

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

orangez dont forget that it is close to you, a detailers toys-r-us.

6. supercharged

Thanks.

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I love Creme Glaze, a very nice product. Their yellow/black MFs are the best in my arsenal. I wasn't sure about ONE, but then again, I don't go waterless washes anyways. Jetseal is a fantastic product.

One product that I didn't like that much was their New Look Trim Gel. Worked great on tires, but on rubber it faded quick.

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I had PM'd FMINUS on what CG stuff I should buy since I thought he was the guru. He told me that you were the guru and he was just a minion but gave me advice anyway. I have to say I think he is right and you are the CG Guru! I made my order and have it on the way. I got a lot of the products you mentioned and really look forward to using Jetseal and One. Thanks for the info and I may be picking your brain a lot more since I am really looking forward to using this line. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on the products as I have 2 vehicles already lined up for when my CG stuff arrives!

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

They also have really good prices on CCS pads!!!

10. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

and they have the 5 1/4" CCS pads!

11. richy

richy Guest

Thanks for the tip..I'll have to look at them next time I need some.

12. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

feel free to pm me or respond to a thread regarding CG...i definitely am very comfortable with their products...

13. supercharged

CG one, you use it as a wax booster???

14. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Whats CG?

15. supercharged

I'm too lazy to type Chemical Guys...;)

16. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I like the Citrus soap and the leather scent air freshener.

17. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

whats Chemical Guys?

18. supercharged

you don't know Chemical Guys? I thought that's the major brand of car care products in your garage???;)

19. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

IT's BANNED HERE! :p

20. supercharged

Adding CG Sticky wheel gel. I just ordered it, and what others have said - it's a must have. It's safe, it's a gel, and it's dillutible.