Chemical Guys - SHOWOFF!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by FMINUS, Oct 28, 2007.

1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Now that we are in a FREE SPEECH FORUM, lets see your CG collection!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

im sorry but we dont allow discussion of chemical guys, I am going to have to ban you now :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:
    lol just kiding, i could not resist

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:rollinglaugh: this thread discusses products that we do not currently sell. :boxing:

To be honest I am just trolling in this thread because I don't have any full bottles of CG stuff, I have just tried samples things over the years. The reports of bad quality control scare me. I have heard if you get a good batch then life is great, but when it goes bad...then you won't be pleased. If I lived in SoCal that would be fine...but shipping kills the deal.

EDIT NVM I do have a air freshener I bought when I was at Wax Works in Norco a couple years ago. Pete was a really good guy :(
    He kept his store open for me when I was running a bit late. The fact the CG made a wax for him was great IMO.

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Quality control? Bad batch? I have never heard of that!
    The only thing I can see with CG is their crappy website and sometimes it can be hard to get through on the phone/emails.

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Yeah, that is just what is being said on topia...I dont know if it is true or not just passing on what I have heard.

Canada needs a CG reseller but the margins are so low that it isn't worth it. I think I might just have to make another detailing road trip down to SoCal later this year or next year.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

We are discussing CG here? I feel very uncomfortable all of a sudden.

BLAAAAAAAAH AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Let me run downstairs in a bit and I'll take some pics...

7. P1et

Here we go:

[​IMG]

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Thats it? I thought u were a fanatic like me!? :acry2:

I never seen the 8oz JS before!

9. richy

richy Guest

The only CG...I'm sorry, XXX, products I have are the Jetseal which I like, but the jury's out whether or not it's better than DG 105, and CG's WMF, which seems to be pretty good..I've only tried it once. I was sent a sample of their detail spray (the synthetic one, purple in colour) and after using it several times, I must say I don't like it..doesn't hold a candle to FK425. Just my opinion.

10. P1et

I've got a bit more hardware from CG than I have actual products. As in, pads, MFs, t-shirts, crap like that. Didn't take a pic of all that.

But I'm in NO WAY even close to what you have!!!

11. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

PS: you have a real gallon of Product X?

12. Nica

Nica Banned

WOW FMINUS your CG hard core bro :righton: the more I try there products the more I want to try...I got an order pending with them...I should finish it off. It's not a large order just a few items.

Glad to see you guys are enjoying the freedom, that's the way it should be...well at leat I think so :thumb:

13. eShine

eShine Guest

I was thinking of getting the chemical guys line (16oz stuff). I just can't decide if their products are geared toward the professional detailer or an enthusiast. It seems more and more what our secret society now considers quality “Boutique” products is now just anything non-Meguiar’s.

14. Calgarydetail

well i know atleast a few people who would buy CG stuff ;)

15. eShine

eShine Guest

I would like to know from the people who use CG's if they use it because it is cheap, or they are simply quality products like Klasse, Menzerna etc for a good price.

16. Nica

Nica Banned

I like Jetseal, it's quite nice to use and it leaves a nice shine...although I've mostly use it on the rims I'm starting to use it more on paint...used it on a fire truck and it looked very nice.

I'll purchase some if you get it in...come on hook me up...I need another hit hahahaha

Seriously I should just give you a link to my bank account :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :acry2: :acry2:

17. eShine

eShine Guest

Good to know because I have not had the chance to try most of their stuff. If anything gets added it wont be till spring though. November is not the best time to expand. :)

18. Calgarydetail

if we want chemical guys can we order it through you? I know in the past you have mentioned that you can get stuff in. Is CG included in this?
    Thanks for the info

19. eShine

eShine Guest

It depends how large the order is. If I had a few guys interested I can place an order. I have a min purchase amout I have to buy from them.

20. Calgarydetail

cool thanks for the info, im sure i can get a few people in calgary to buy stuff.

i will have to look into it after the mf thing.

Thanks Chris