chemical guys new wax - e-zyme.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by supercharged, Sep 20, 2008.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I opened their webpage and seen a new wax, called E-zyme...Kinda procey for Chemical Guys name, almost $275...Has anyone tried it??? They claimed their 5050 is the best and here we go...
    I only used their Pete's 53 and love it's awesome beading action...over all not bad at all...Never tried 5050...XXX is rubbish, IMO...

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Another new wax. Dang. I still havent got a jar of supernatural yet!!!

3. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Interesting new wax. . . only going to be produced mid year.

Wonder how hard/soft it is. From the picture it looks very soft kinda like a face cream or something.

4. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Virgin Detailer

Lmao. That's exactly what my wife said, "looks like something you'd put on your face".

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Its Ponds!! hehe

6. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Is it a 16 oz jar?

It doesn't really say what size it comes in, but it's in the subcategory in "16 oz sizes"

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Looks kinda like a Natty's red wide mouth jar.

8. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

suprised for cg going into that price range they couldn't have a better case.. i agree it does look like a facial product or something that should be at aveda or something esp how it is promoted.

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Review coming soon.... :kiss:

10. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I am going to make one called G-Zyme, it'll cost a grand and have 20 rare oils in it, and you can buy one day out of the year

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Let's have a review of it Philly! I still love my Pete's '53, great great wax and BEST beading!

12. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

really interested esp since phil has tried every wax known to man!!!

13. supercharged

you already have a tub??? That's quick!:applause2:

14. Dom

Dom Two Bucket System Washer

I'd love to know what 'enzymes' are in it, etc. as they don't mention any ingredients that aren't common or garden in the wax world... surely you'd need something tangibly and evidentially exotic to justify a high price (and a high price without any fancy packaging at that)? Propolis is an enzyme found in beeswax for example... most waxes contain beeswax. Now, you could add pure propolis but you'd have to have a reason behind doing so (performance perhaps). An enzyme is just something that speeds up a chemical reaction, like a catalyst does. It isn't an ingredient with inherent performance. If it makes the wax cure faster, great, but then why not say it?

Anyway, look forward to reading Phil's review and we are chuffed to be honest... it is flattering that CG have decided to bring out a 'natural' wax 6 months after our Supernatural ;) So we must be doing something right :)

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

But Dom, the word "Enzymes" sounds so good! That's half the price right there! :thumb:

16. Dom

Dom Two Bucket System Washer

Hence Zyme... ol...

LOL.

Enzyme's a thing, we want a name! ;)

It's like saying a new wax has 'stuff' in it. So rush out and buy it because stuff is good.

Gee, what is it with me and unclarified or unsubstantiated claims. I must have some form of marketing truth disorder.

17. CptMidway

CptMidway Virgin Detailer

CG has great products @ great prices and I've never seen them bash any other products....can't we all just get along? :)

18. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Hmm! Interesting! Come on Phil, hurry up with that review :waiting2:, it's killing me. :popcorn:

19. supercharged

:support:

20. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

waiting.....