chemical guys hybrid v7 saves the day

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by nyrep1, May 14, 2013.

1. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

sorry no pictures but i wanted to post a quick review. pingapoke was gracious enough to send me a sample last week. i had not had a chance to use it. i recently booked a 08 mercedes s550 with black (ceramic) paint. well i was rushing to finish because i had no idea that paint was that finicky and the 1stage polish i budgeted time for became a full on 3 stage correction.i finished polishing about 5 pm. did a dawn wash and blow dried and put a layer (to thick) of power lock on. i let it cure about 1.5 hours but during this time the humidity rose a decent noticeable amount . when i went to remove it i noticed it smeared pretty bad. i let it sit for another two hours and tried a distilled water wipe down, onr, opt oid, and ocw.....non helped .....i used the v7 a another fresh towel and it removed it all ...its a very easy product to use...a light mist on the towel spread on panel ...flip towel and wipe ...you can actually tell when you have wiped enough because the drag on the towel will turn to a glide....ordering a gallon this week

2. bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I LOVE V7, ever sense I found/tried it I have not went to detail sprays for wipe downs. Doesn't even streak, simply amazing and the shine it leaves people swear I just waxed my car.

3. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

I am glad you liked it! I have enjoyed using it, however at times on my personal black vehicles it is a bit streaky. I apply it to the powdered coated bed cover on my truck and it usually beads water for nearly a week, and the cover is a dimpled powder coated aluminum which doesn't help anything at all. The best thing about v7 is the orange cream cycle smell. :thumb:

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

one thing I do with the V7 is spray it on the towel........ but Ive never had it streak. I think though it being much hotter here it flashes off quicker

5. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

I have always sprayed it on the panel, I will give that a try.