Cheap steamer

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by mb43, Jan 5, 2009.

1. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

I am buying an expensive extractor (Mytee), and I also want a steamer just to do interiors (in between crevices, etc. Maybe something that will work for engine bays. I don't want to spend a lot of money since I'm spending a lot on the extractor. Maybe later I can get a bigger high-pressure one to use on the outside of the car.

Any suggestions?

2. razr007

razr007 Banned

really only two good ones right now 1000.00 or 2500.00 imo.

3. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

I'm looking for something a lot cheaper, just to clean crevices, nothing too serious.

4. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I use a Daimer continuous fill steamer. You can get them for a pretty good price.

5. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

I've heard about the Shark Steamer which is around $100 I think. But be careful because I have read some poor reviews on it.

6. razr007

razr007 Banned

Remember you get what you pay for when it comes to a steamer so be careful.

7. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I have the Steam Buggy. It works great and comes with all kinds of attachments. It was about 150.00. I've had It for years now and no problems at all. Boy, There's nothing like the end results of steam. Only good for up to medium projects. Then It starts to eat up alot off time. It is Good for interiors...:thumb:

8. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

This? Steam Buggy

9. Buddy

Ha, No shit. I bought it off an infomercial so long ago I can't even remember. I'm glad to see I got a good deal...:shrug:

10. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

That one looks good for my purposes. Thanks.

Sucks that you paid 150 for it haha.

11. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Well I didn't get the deal that buddy got,but here's mine. Vx5000.Sorry link wouldn't work.
    vaporsystemsllc@att.net

12. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Good to know Buddy. I wanted to get a steamer for a while now but nothing to extreme.

13. Buddy

You do know that it's only fifty bucks right. Check out the link...:thumb: I paid way to much manys years ago when it first came out...:shrug:

14. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Birth of a Detailer

15. richy

richy Guest

Greg, I looked carefully at that machine and it looks great. I bought the Gaia model which has a vacuum and extractor in it as well. I know the owner says the 110 motor can't run them well together. It has for me including being run for about 2 hours straight without being shut off while I was cleaning my grout. Other than the issue of not knowing that it can stop if the hose connection isn't secure, I have had no issues with it. I love the fact that I can steam the grout and then immediately vacuum up the dirty water and move on. You wouldn't believe the finished result! When I have used mine on carpeting inside the cars, it is great that I can steam it first then switch on the vacuum and do both. The results are simply amazing...the carpets just feel so soft. That machine looks great and has an industry-leading warranty, but everyone has their bias.

16. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

17. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

This is the one I have,the guy that sells these will answer any questions you might have.Give him a call.The boiler has a life time warranty.

18. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Nice. Did you get any extra attachments?

19. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Yes. you get everything that's in the pic,plus he gives you extra nylon brushes.
    I read every blog I could find on these,and I honestly found nothing bad.So I bought one.
    P.S You can buy used ones for a hundred dollars less and still get the warr.

20. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Birth of a Detailer

^^^
    Are the used ones from the same company? Do you just ask him.

Cheers,
    GREG