Chas' Collection

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Chas, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

So I have been on this forum for more than a couple years now, added some insight on product discussion, joked around a wee bit, posted maybe a detail or two. I DO DETAIL! Even though I don't post many I am a weekend warrior at heart and most weekends you can find me detailing my Jeep by trying new products, my girlfriends car, family, friends, and so forth and so on. Well I was organizing my collection last night after picking up some products from Eric at Autoality in Pittsburgh, which, if you haven't been to, I HIGHLY recommend it, great guy and what a sweet shop chock full of amazingness, and decided to post up some pictures of my collection and tools. It aint too much but just enough for a guy like me.

What is not pictured are the gallon containers I have of a lot of these products.

It would seem from the list below I am an Adam's or Prima fan boy but I like trying things in waves so I have currently working my way through their products. I will admit I am a Prima fan boy.

Here she is...

47 Various Pads (Mostly Uber, 2 Meg’s MF)
    Prima Epic
    Prima Cut
    Prima Swirl
    Prima Finish
    Prima Slick
    Prima Amigo
    Prima Mystique
    Prima Slick
    Prima Nero
    Prima Clarity
    Menzerna Power Finish
    Menzerna Super Finish
    Menzerna Powerlock
    Meguiar’s M105
    Meguiar’s Deep Crystal Wash
    Optimum Opti-bond Tire Gel
    Optimum No Rinse (ONR)
    Optimum Power Clean APC
    Adam’s Brilliant Glaze
    Adam’s Machine Super Sealant
    Adam’s Leather Conditioner
    Adam’s Super VRT (Meh)
    Adam’s Leather and Interior Cleaner
    Adam’s Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner (Meh)
    Adam’s Quick Sealant
    Adam’s Metal Polish 1 & 2
    Adam’s Car Shampoo
    Adam’s Detail Spray
    Adam’s Green Wheel Cleaner
    Adam’s Glass Cleaner
    Adam’s Undercarriage Spray
    Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover
    Sonax Wheel Cleaner FX
    IronX
    Tuff Stuff APC
    Chemical Guy’s Stripper Scent
    5 Various Backing plates
    Little Green Pro heat
    Metro Side Kick
    Stinger Wet/Dry Vacuum
    Makita 9227c
    Porter Cable 2474
    Pinnacle XMT 180
    Raceglaze 55
    Lusso Oro
    P21s
    Pete’s 53

What can I say I like grout sponges...
    [​IMG]

One of 4 stacks of Microfibers
    [​IMG]

Various waffle weave towels, especially like the Adam's Great White
    [​IMG]

Adam's wash pads, love these things, very plush
    [​IMG]

Brinkmann, LED Light from Home Depot, Harbor Freight Paint Thickness Gauge, and Basic Light
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Various brushes including the full Raceglaze Set, Uber Boars Hair, Uber Spoke Brush, Adam's Fender Well Brush, Adam's Detailing Brush, Adam's Leather Brush, Adam's Carpet Brush, and a few IKEA Brushes
    [​IMG]

Raceglaze 55, Lusso Oro, Pete's 53, Pinnacle XMT 180, P21s, Doda Banana Sample
    [​IMG]

Raven Latex Gloves
    [​IMG]

Assorted Applicators including two Adam's Americana applicators
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Foam Gun
    [​IMG]

PC and Rotary including various backing plates
    [​IMG]

47 assorted pads, mostly Uber Pads, a few Kompressors, 2 Meg's MF pads
    [​IMG]

Stinger Wet/Dry Vacuum and Adam's Wash Bucket
    [​IMG]

Little Green Proheat
    [​IMG]

Main storage bin
    [​IMG]

All tucked away in my closet since I don't have a garage, have to lug it down 2 flights of stairs each time I want to detail...
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing hope you enjoyed!

Chas

2. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I'd say you have more than enough products. Could sell half of them and have enough for a business!

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Pick up the raceglaze XL brush from autoality. Nice collection of products otherwise.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Yeah I will next time, seems like it would be a great brush given its thinner profile as compared to brushes with huge bristles on them. Like on my Jeep, the inner barrels of the rims are pretty close to the brake pad housing that it can be hard/nearly impossible to get the Uber spoke brush between the two.

5. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Hmm let me grab this button down shirt, tie, pair of shoes and my makita.... off to work!

Nice pickups Chad, good stuff!

6. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

haha yeah would seem like the logical thing, although I don't know how well a Makita would work in finding market manipulation/fraud.

Thanks for the compliment, Dave.

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

they have PTG at harbor freight? How much and how would you rate the quality?

8. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Karl, they did a few years ago maybe up until like the end of 2009, there was actually a buying frenzy on here when it was found at Harbor Freight but I think it's few and far between if at all in stock with them now. I got this for $10 I think, no joke. Someone posted a review of the accuracy as compared to something like the Defelsko or Highline and it was pretty close to both of those as far as accuracy. I think the thread is at AG if I remember correctly. However, the one downside is that it only reads on metal panels, not fiber glass or plastic so it does have some limitations.

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Some nice stuff there Chas.
    I need to post up my stuff. I havent done it in a while.

10. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Damn I wish I could get my hands on one of the Harbor Freight PTG's. Nice collection!

11. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

Get rid of those cheap home depot spray bottles. I bought 3 when I first started buying bulk product. 1 broke within 15 sprays, 1 broke about 2 months later, and the third is still a piece of crap. lol

Pick up the Rubbermaid one's from walmart, or drop some cash on some Kwazaar's. You'll never look back.

12. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Wow that's alot of nice stuff. Very nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

13. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

THEY ARE HORRENDOUS! I don't know what I was thinking when I picked them up, they never work, they constantly crack/break, get clogged, or the tops pop right off. I was thinking about getting some nicer ones this week. I'll check out the Rubbermaid ones tonight, but like you said I may just pony up the coin and go with the Kwazars

14. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

Haha glad I'm not the only one with a bad experience.

15. James_1982

James_1982 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That is an awesome set of brushes ! I need to focus on getting my brushes updated this year.