CG Water Spot Remover....

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Philbert_Wormley, May 16, 2010.

1. Has anyone used this product and if so what were your results :help:

Oh yea, I see CG seems to no longer carry this product(gotta wonder why)but Detailed Image does. Anyone ever dealt with DI and if so, how was there performance and are they located within the U.S.A. :confused:

Regards,

Philbert :knit:

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I have used it and it only works on fresh water spots. It's a nice product to have, but I don't see it as a detailing necessity. You are better off doing a Decon Kit and removing more contamination than only water spots. I don't know how familiar you are with the product, but it literally eats applicators when it comes to contact with them.

I have it for emergencies, but it's not my go-to product.

Hope it helps!
    G

3. Gee thanks for the quick response GDAL :gidiup:

Question....What is this Decon Kit you speak of :confused:

Regards,

Stuck in the 80's :paranoia:

4. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Valugard Decontamination Kit ... do a search and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Don't get me wrong ... it works well for well maintained finishes, but I rather do a decon kit and remove all possible contamination instead of only removing water spots.

5. Holy Cow GDAL your on the ball tonite. Thanks again for the quick response :what:

6. GDAL

GDAL Guest

LOL ...

I have nice wireless router at home and a few computers in every room. I'm not too much of a tv person.

PM me if you need any help or anything. I'm an amateur that loves detailing ... I'm always buying and trading products, but I've been finding really good products lately that are becoming part of my permanent arsenal.

7. MRSHINE

MRSHINE Any Rag Vehicle Washer

8. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

gdal. what's your go to stuff for water spot removal? still looking for a good product for my permanent arsenal.

9. Not much on watchin the tube here either. I ask myself every month when I see my cable bill exactly why do I continue to pay this month after month :duh:

Thank you very much for the offer GDAL. I am a seasoned pro that hates detailing :giggle:

I like your style and thats one of the most awesome features of this site how members share there expierences(good & bad) without all the bullcrap you see on other sites. I mean, I wonder sometimes if some of the pros could make a post about claying there car with dog crap and everyone would fall over themselves agreeing :roll:

Sweet, thanks MrShine :flowers:

Yes GDAL (or anyone else with a great solution) do tell :waiting:

10. GDAL

GDAL Guest

To be honest with you ... I haven't had a lot of issues with water spots. I usually clay and polish. The key here is to remove the damage early.

I know that Jason @ Deep Gloss has tackled several vehicles with nasty water spots.

11. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

excellent. Yeah Jason is the man. I have talked to him a few times. I'll need to double check with him on that. The thing here is not everyone wants to pay for their vehicles to be polished. I know of a product for water spots that tends to work not bad but if someone else has a different way or product i'm all ears . . . . . or well more like all eyes since we have tor ead the responses.

12. Well, consider yourself lucky then....So Jason @ Deep Gloss is the Waterspot expert huh :headbang:

Uh Jason, anytime you feel like chiming in buddy I'm all ears & eyes :baby:

Well vtech, if you have any suggestions I wish you would spill the beans my freind :bat:

13. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

14. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

15. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Thanks for posting that link Handz. I'll give it another try ... I have tried it with subborn water spots without great success, but I see that you really worked the product with a brush and mf.

16. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Any more input on this stuff? I just washed my car today with the STUPID CR Spotless. TDS reading was in the teens, so I thought I'd be good for at least one more wash. WRONG. Crap water combined with 110 degree heat = water spot HELL.

Big problem is the car was literally polished just 2 weeks ago. Not going at that again for the sake of the paint and my own sanity.
    Tried white vinegar which essentially didn't do anything but diminish some of the really bad spots. Didn't get rid of anything completely. Even if it did, I don't think I have the patience to rub down the entire car with vinegar to get rid of the spots.

Does this CG stuff work? It's either that or my poor car will be water spotted for another 6 months before I even think about polishing again.

17. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

I use the Vangaurd System, works very well, removes a bunch of contaminates, I use it for rail dust embedded into clear coat, shows well on white vehicles, always use out of direct sunlight, its is a 3 step system, hope this helps, good luck.:applause2:

18. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Thanks, but if I'm going to the trouble of a 3 step system, I may as well just polish the car again.

19. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I tried Duragloss's Water Spot Remover. It claims it does not strip the LSP but it did not seem to work when I needed it. They must have been etched.

20. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

handz got it down . . . . . . results look pretty amazing. After carefully searching for Jasons post i found that i stand corrected. He used Danase Water Spot Remover and i'm sure that is no longer available as is searched.

What i currently use and am not sure if it's available in the mainland is MX7. Stuff works pretty dang well but if there is something out there that works better i'm all ears.

Here is Jasons Thread:

Chevy Avalanche Resurrection