CG vs Duragloss

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by eShine, Jun 13, 2008.

1. eShine

eShine Guest

Between CG and Duragloss what do you guys think is a more popular brand? Thinking if our next product line and we get asked to special order these often. Opinions?

2. yukon cornelius

yukon cornelius Birth of a Detailer

Chemical guys IMO. I'd rather deal with you than Chemical Guys Canada.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I think CG is more popular. Not saying it's better, just more popular.

4. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

chemical guys

5. distrbd

distrbd New Member

For sure Duragloss.
    I think No detailer should be without :
    1)Duragloss # 601 & #105
    2) DG #501.
    3)DG # 951 Aqua wax.
    4)DG # 921.
    5)DG ##521.
    6)#253.
    7)#201.

I Would be happier if Eshine carries all their products but at very the least the ones I mentioned would be fine.

6. stupenal

stupenal Virgin Detailer

I have a bit of both...

DG 105, 601, 951

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend at LEAST those 3. I can't wait to try some more stuff in the future.

For CG, I have the following:

CW&G, VRP, GreenClean, their yellow black MF, and Scratch and Swirl B-Gone

Why not carry both? It'd be great if people can get all their favorite brands and products from one place. I know you'd have to sign distributor contracts etc, but it sucks having to order my products from several vendors because they don't carry everything I want.

Another thing to note - DG offers their product direct with only $5 flat rate shipping...which I'm sure you know. For consumers like me, it makes a lot of sense to just buy directly from them since their shipping is just so cheap....

7. eShine

eShine Guest

Both CG and DG have fairly large lines so carrying both wont be happening at the same time, we are running out of room and are to the ceilings already! From experience if you carry product A,B,C, and D. Customers ask for F. If we decide to carry either we would get the whole line. Also most (95%+) of customers want 16oz sizes so we would start there. I contacted Duragloss today and have not heard back and I spoke to Paul at CG a while back and pricing was good, it is just hard when CG has 300000 products, many that are redundant. In CG's 16oz selection I see they have 30 products which we may look into carrying.

8. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Id like to see Duragloss...

9. Nica

Nica Banned

I vote for Duragloss as well, nothing wrong with CG I just prefer Duragloss...just my :2cents:

Oh and what do you mean up to the roof, time to add and extra floor :giggle:

10. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I think you will sell CG better. Here in Norway everyone talks about duragloss, but it sells like crap. And they want the 101, 111, 105, 501. And how long do you have a bottle like that? for a loooong time.

11. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I think you would have better luck with CG. DG's line is stagnant. I They have nice products (in fact, getting from DG is cheapest) but you do not see them releasing new stuff on a regular basis, etc. I am not a CG user either but just an observation. You could work with CG to have your own private formulations.

12. eShine

eShine Guest

I have had a few of those dud lines. Seems as soon as you stock it people stop wanting it. LOL. When I called DG we got a real weird attitude on the phone. I asked for pricing and the lady on the phone didn't really seem like there was any interest in sending pricing. I gave our info and I was under the impression they were not even writing it down. Low and behold they still have not sent pricing....

I will try again today, some suppliers just need to have a fire under them to get up.

I was also leaning toward CG but the speed at which they come out with redundant products is a PITA for a re-seller to keep up with. Heck I see FMINUS just posted three more new CG products. Customers hate this because they get confused and would rather just pick something like Klasse, 2 products that work on 99% of finishes!

13. pirex

I talked to the CEO at DG. He is really nice to talk to. Pricing is good to, but I don`t think stocking a whole DG line in Norway is smart. So I just have the most popular ones right now. But CG is really nice, and sells good for me. Paul is also great to deal with.

14. yukon cornelius

I want gallon sizes though. lol

15. eShine

eShine Guest

This is another thing we talked about, with so many products bringing on 16oz and Gallons would take up half an acre.

16. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Chris, if you bring in CG, you will be god. I am already trying to get some off of Adam, with little luck. Carry the gallon sizes please, I will order as soon as you get them in. Things to carry, Lighning Fast, Grijme Reaper, Blue wheel cleaner, Microfiber rejuvenator, Tire Gel, Citrus wash and gloss, wet mirror finish, FS Pure acrylic sealant

17. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

CG has a vast line of products...and DG has a smaller line...but CG is constantly bringing beta products out and some work and some do not....DG has a proven line...and more durable products....

I have seen same CG products from different batches and one was good and one sucked...so it is not consistant....I am not knocking CG...but they are racing into the detail product line fast....

as far as cleaning stuff goes..CG has some nice stuff..as far as sealants and trim and shampoos and leather stuff..DG hands down..they owners are the chemists and they make sure its a great product...they will even ship to you cheaper than CG....

CG has nothing that will beat 105...501....Track Klaw...trim products..shampoo...111...101...aquawax...rubber products....CG excells in the cleaners..like APC's....polishes...clay..pads..they have more selection in those areas....

Plus DG has products that will hold up in Canada weather....

AL

18. yukon cornelius

Gallons of ONE also.

19. Truls

Truls Two Bucket System Washer

For sales CG

For durability DG

Why not both?

DG line is as AL say kinda small...the basics are 101, 105, 111, 951 ana 901 ar among the best ive ever used...the Rain Repel is also a great produckt...

my heart say Duragloss but as sales counts, ill probably would get the CG..

20. pirex

I agree, why not add products from DG like 101, 105, 111 + some others. Yeah, I know..you need to buy alot of DG.