CG quick detailer

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by cleanfiend, Sep 6, 2009.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

I am going to order a QD spray from Chemical Guys to help with the fingerprints and occasional bird bombs that my car seems to attract (an its being black doesnt help). I was wondering what the difference is between CG Speed Wipe and CG Extreme Slick Synthetic. If anybody has any experience with any of these two products, please feel free to comment on your experience with them.

2. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

any1 use both? im curious as well.

3. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

the Speed wipe has a bit more cleaning ability than the ESS, but the ESS is alot slicker. It's better for clay lube than the speed wipe is.

I use the pro-detailer w/ carn and it's pretty nice, smells like bubblegum. But I think that FK 425 is still my favorite

4. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

so, for fingerprints and light dust, which would you recommend? and which one do you think would be better at minimizing the chances of scratches and swirls when using it?

5. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

In that scenario, i would opt for the speed wipe or the pro-detailer...I would treat the ESS similar to meg's Final Inspection/menz final inspection.

But on the other hand, if you want to clean with a spray I would recommend poorboy's spray and wipe. It doesn't leave much shine or protection, but it cleans better and you could just go over it with a spray wax.