CG Medium/ Heavy duty vs. Megs mild/aggresive

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by dsms, Jun 5, 2008.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I need medium and agressive clays. I need something for regular use that will pick up more than Sonus green and then I need a more aggressive bar for heavy contamination. Any difference between CG's meduim duty and heavy duty in comparrison to Megs mild blue and agressive red?

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Megs red is good stuff, but don't last long!!! Def don't use with soapy water as it will break down really fast!!! Should of ordered cg clay!!

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

The clay magic red is pretty agressive stuff and the blue is sorta medium...now using car soap for a lube is tricky at times..if your soap is high alkali it will tear it up....use a PH neutral soap...also a clay lube mix of ONR works great...or a cheap QD works....

I used the Megs with soap like Dust did a few years back..it crumbled..I used NXT soap ......just goes to show how harsh it is...I used the other half with clay lube..and all went fine.....I used DG901 with Erazor clay..(Riccardo ) and worked like a champ...so you need a Mild PH soap or a clay lube to get good results....

AL

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Im not really interested in other brands besides Megs or CG. I need a few things from CG so I figured if im ordering from them anyway I should get the clay I need too. BTW for lube im using Last Touch 1:1