CG grime reaper on wheels

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by dsms, May 8, 2008.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Is this stuff too strong (even when diluted) to use on aluminum wheels? I have P21s gel and Megs WB but sometimes I feel I could use something a little more effective to clean really heavily soiled wheels. Think Grime Reaper will do the job or is it too strong to use safely on wheels?

2. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

are they clear coated?? raw??

3. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Im talking about using it on standard clear coated wheels. Obviously not chrome.

4. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i meant on the aluminum wheels, they can be clear coated to protect the polished surface or raw. meaning no clear and those you can use metal polish. sorry if i'm not
    explaining myself properly
    :sorry:

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Megs wheel brightener is the srongest I'd go with. 4:1. If it won't do the job the first time, try it a second time... And remember to rinse well.

6. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I use WB 4:1 for heavily soiled wheels and about 8:1 for general purpose cleaning. Usually I apply and let it sit for 10minutes or so, rinse and repeat but sometimes its not enough.

7. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i usually use CG premium blue wheel cleaner, 4:1 and it works great. citrus based and smells good too

8. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

if the premium blue is citrus based and not acidic can you let it sit on the wheels for a long time?

9. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

lol yeah i actually used it today and forgot for about half an hour. no harm but wouldnt make it a habit. and i've demoed it with paul at a seminar and sprayed full strength on his fender. it was a 535 bmw again no harm, but wouldnt recommend it

10. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

are you talking about premium blue or grime reaper?

11. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

premium blue. i has grime reaper also. used that on chrome wheels

12. Truls

Truls Two Bucket System Washer

On the CG grim reaper bottle it states "do not use on paint" so i wouldnt use it, if you gpot the P21s why dont stick with that.

13. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

hmmm what if you have painted wheels?? LOL j/k

14. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I have the P21s gel and I only use it on chrome or delicate wheel surfaces, IMO its really not a great wheel cleaner, especially on the tough stuff and its very expensive also. I think Megs WB is very good.

15. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I am kind of interested about this stuff as well, anyone use it regularly?