CG Extreme Bodywash

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by J BELL, Feb 20, 2008.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Hey guys, just joined the forum

I am an avid CG supporter and i am looking for a weekly shampoo that i can buy in a gallon from CG. I was wondering if anyone has tried the extreme bodywash shampoo and their thoughts on it....thanks!

J BELL

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

its relabled chemical guys

yes i know its IS chemical guys

3. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Yeah i know it is chemical guys...im always interested to see what is relabeled...i was doing some browsing earlier and was surprised..i love Citrus wash but i have a coat of Jetseal and 50/50 on right now and would really not like to strip it...i wash every week so an effective, yet LSP safe shampoo is a must...and i was wondering if anyone had tried this shampoo and how it compared to say CWG...sorry if i wasnt clear

4. Calgarydetail

haha sorry, there is a huge joke on DB that everything is a relabled chemical guys... including nica... ..

and I really like CG they make some good stuff.... i actully really liked there butter wax and facotry sealents (yes folks I like something other then vintage)

as for soap. i cant help you out there. I have never used a soap from CG.... sorry

5. tod071

tod071 Birth of a Detailer

Actually, the directions says to use 1/2oz per gal or something for a regular wash and 2oz per gal for total auto wash. The normal dilution won't strip your LSP. I actually used it and it gave me a nice gloss without stripping the LSP.

Don't be surprised that some of CGs stuff is actually re-labeled CG stuff. Our distributor here in Hawaii ordered 2 cases of Speed Wipe QD with NO WAX and got sent some Spray "Wax". When he disputed the order, they said they'd be sending some stickers to stick over the Spray Wax label. Hmmmm, that's just not right...

6. Calgarydetail

hmm thats very intersting I wonder how often this happens

7. tod071

tod071 Birth of a Detailer

CG AIO polish is also yellow with a lemon scent. The old batch is white. I guess it depends on whose private label batch its for:shead:

Don't mean to knock CG, I actually like their products. Just the consistency is not there.

8. Calgarydetail

I like there products as well, however I have heard a few times they are not consitant, some contaners have less then stated. items are diffrent. Its to bad they are not more connistant since they make good products... i know I ue them on my personal rides

9. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

I would just stick with CWG, extreme wash is a good soap but I personally feel CWG is a superior soap when used properly.

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Can it be diluted to a non LSP stripping ratio??

11. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I found that the citrus wash even used at the correct ratio a little strong on wax finishes..not so bad on a sealant...but it is a great cleaner...

So I use the Citrus Wash now as a pre prep wash ..this is where its outstanding...and I use the DG 901 as my regular wash

Also if your going to due another coat of a LSP with no prep work involved..the cirtus wash is good for that also....

AL

12. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Yeah i have been using the 1/2 ounce to 2 gallons of water and have noticed my sealant and wax still in tact but like i said the last thing i want to do is rip JS and 50/50 off..it looks good....but even 1/2 ounc will take its toll after a few washes right?