CG Diablo wheel gel or P21S wheel gel?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cleanfiend, Sep 23, 2009.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

since chemical guys has just recently added the diablo wheel gel to thier site, i was wondering whether anybody has any experience with this product and how it compares to P21S wheel gel.

2. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

3. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

I haven't used Diablo yet - but after seeing the dilution ratio being 6:1 and Spyral's review video I'd probably say give Diablo a try. P21S is a great product don't get me wrong, but Diablo seems like it does the same job with less product quicker than P21S.

P.S Nice avatar :p

4. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

How about a Red gel vs red gel comparison haha that would be great.

P21s red vs CG Diablo.

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Nica is one of the only people I see using P21s Red...

6. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

what is the difference between the red P21s and the regular P21s? ive seen it in Nica's detailing write ups for awhile and i have always wondered...

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

It smells terrible and works better... that is what I've heard.

8. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Nica has a stockpile of everything is seems like. I would like to see a comparison between the Red Gel vs Green Gel vs Diablo. I am hoping Diablo wins against them all due to it's the cheapest and it is easily available, especially in comparison to Red P21S. Someone should send Nica a small sample of the Diablo and we should see a test.

9. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

All eyes on Spyral :D

10. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

I just got some, in the middle of using it on different wheels. I want to try the Autoglym wheel cleaner as well but I do not see it on Ken's site(Ken call a brotha have a new phone and your cell #was wiped away sigh) the first impressions are very good.

11. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I got some Diablo and I think I may have some P21s gel at home still. Wheels are looking kindda dirty, not been cleaned in about 3 weeks, so if I do have any P21s left at my parents house when I go this weekend I will try and do a little test to see how they work against each other.

12. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I can do a comparison between Diablo and P21S Gel since I have plenty of both.

The only questions are:
    1.) What dilution ratio to use Diablo at to compare to P21S Gel.
    2.) How much cleaning time should I give each product before brushing? P21S Gel can stand up to 2 hours, Diablo Gel just says "allow time to clean."

I'm thinking diluting Diablo 3:1 since that's what it says on the bottle as a starting point, and giving each product 15 minutes of dwell time before agitating with brushes and then rinsing. I can test them on my father's vehicle this week-end, his car hasn't been washed in a couple of weeks and his wheel barrels have quite a bit of brake dust on the insides.

13. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

if you use the code DIABLO20, you get 20% off a purchase of diablo wheel gel on the chemical guys website

14. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

If this works, that is money!

15. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Yeah it works, I just tested it out. I may order another 16oz of Diablo with my next order of Sticky Gel since I am running kind of low.

I'm gonna try Diablo 6:1 today when I wash my car and I'll let you guys know how it goes. 6:1 should be plenty for my wheels since they are always kept in good shape. I'll do my father's car this week-end.

16. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

i can confirm the code works. i just ordered a gallon of diablo and they discounted almost 13.00 dollars. i also ordered some bare bones, stash towels and the gerbil brushes. thats all i had left in the bank account. so it will do for now.

17. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

My Diablo Wheel Gel Bottles state "Alway Dilute 3:1." I'm going to have to call Paul and decipher this. LOL.

18. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Without question, Diablo.

19. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

thats what i read too. we can dilute diablo 6 to 1.

But even if you get it 3 to 1 you still get a lot of product to work with. i am hoping to like this product like most of you guys and it may replace my P21s gel.

20. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

P21s Red gel is in a class of it's own IMO it seems to tear right through brake dust and grime. Sure it does smell but I wouldn't mind for that cleaning power, plus it is still PH neutral.

Here it is in action.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f35/p21s-red-wheel-gel-3531-2.html