CG degreasers and APCs... Which one???

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Dontsleeponit, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

So on their website, CG has listed 4 different APCs. Which do you guys prefer?

I am looking to use it for:

wheels (OEM steel/coated aluminum wheels, not polished or expensive after market)
    tires
    engine bays
    wheel wells
    general cleaning around the shop

Whichever I buy, im hoping they hold up to their dilution ratios as advertised, and dont need to be used full strength to work well. Just from reading the descriptions im leaning towards the extreme orange, but what works best for you guys?

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Good question, also interested in the answer here!

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i think dupont makes a nice one :D j/k

4. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

:rollinglaugh:

I had to read that a few times to catch it, keep it up tom... :boxing:

for everyone else who doesnt get that, tom is making fun of me for buying dupont teflon spray wax before I knew any better... nice, pick on the n00b...

:eek:ngard:

(look at all these crazy smilies this place has lol)

5. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I think premium blue will work on all of that things ;)

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i used to use only towels to dry my trucks. and i always wondered why there were swirls in my paint:crasy: live and learn owell. ive come along way and so has joe. welcome to the forum!

7. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I asked CG which one they recommend for rims, tires, wheel wells, and engine bays. They told me to go with Premium Blue.

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Grime Reaper Baby!!!!!!!!

9. D&D Auto Detailing

Grime Reaper shouldnt be used on billet aluminum wheels. I think Premium Blue is safer.

10. P1et

What about the Red Hot?

11. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I wouldnt use ANY APC on wheels PERIOD

12. P1et

FMINUS, what do you use on wheels?

13. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

It depends, I use P21S gel on EXPENSIVE WHEELS.

Otherwise I use CG Citrus Blue Wheel cleaner. I think I may switch to the CG Mag Wheel Acid now. Its so much cheaper, 1oz makes 16oz.

And no its not dangerous because I dont leave it on and its HEAVILY diluted!

14. P1et

I have some P21S Gel, but I'm even using it on stupid Volvo wheels so I'm wasting it. I'll add some Premium Blue to my CG order.

15. D&D Auto Detailing

Huh? Why did you recommend he use Grime Reaper then?

Whats the difference between citrus Blue Wheel Cleaner and Wheel and Rim Cleaner- Premium Blue? Is the citrus stuff not on the website?

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I use it for wheel wells, engines and dilute for underpanels. I dont like using APCs on anything with clearcoats.

17. D&D Auto Detailing

Oh, I think Dontsleeponit is looking for something he can use on wheels too.

So is there a difference between this CG blue citrus wash you're talking about and the Premium Blue on the website?

18. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

One is an APC, the other is a wheel cleaner I believe?

Theres like a crap load of APCs, and they pretty much look all the same.

19. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Let me just say, that Im not exactly thrilled with the fact the CG sells so many products with similar uses and really fails to describe the difference between them very well.

I have only used a few of their products, and so far been pretty happy, so I am not saying they dont make good stuff. Just that they really dont seem to offer tons of good info about their stuff.

And every product says "the best" of this and that, yet they sell countless different versions of the same kind of products. It just makes it hard to figure stuff out, im sure its a marketing thing to give consumers tons of choices, some people like that.

Anyway, so no votes for the extreme orange? Alot of you seem to like the premium blue, but it says its a wheel cleaner, are you using it as an APC too?

Im not really liking the "acid like" description for the grime reaper, FMINUS Im surprised this is your choice.

Kiss off?
    Red Hot?

see where im going with this?

20. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

CG makes a bunch of products for different companies so they have a bunch of different formulas. They arent geared towards the boutique markets but more to the wholesale/detailer market. So their packaging and product line up isnt as spruced up as most products you see out there.

Since pretty much ALL of CGs stuff is concentrated, I like to buy the strongest forumulas. That way I can dilute them as needed and get more bang for the buck.