CG Citrus Wash and Clear

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by E-Money, Mar 17, 2010.

1. E-Money

E-Money Birth of a Detailer

I plan on using this for a paint cleanser for the first time. What time of wash mitts would you prefer for a neglected black vehicle. Any input is appreciated.

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

sheepskin wash mitts seem to be pretty popular. i use the sponges DD sells myself.

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Proline grout sponge from Lowes

4. GDAL

GDAL Guest

+1 on the proline sponges. CWC is a great wash. You can boost its LSP stripping ability by adding .5 oz of Zep Citrus to a 5 gallon bucket. I do it all the time and it works awesome. You can use 1 oz, but make sure that you don't let the soap solution dry on the paint. I haven't had any issues, but just treat it with respect.

5. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I wouldn't use any special wash mitt between a regular wash and a paint cleansing wash.

That being said, I usually do a regular car wash with a Lake Country Grout Sponge or an Uber Yellow Wash Sponge from Detailers Domain.

As GDAL said, you may want to add a bit of Zep Citrus or some Simple Green to the wash mix if you have strong protection on your vehicle. Citrus Wash & Clear usually doesn't have the cleaning power Chemical Guys says it does when it comes to stripping old waxes and sealants.