CG Blacklight and V7 on my MINI

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by oldcracker, Mar 8, 2011.

1. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

Thanks to kyoshiro for letting me try his bottle of CG Blacklight and Hybrid V7 on my MINI this past Saturday

my car had a couple months old of BFWD on it lol I was too lazy to strip it so I just put BL on and topped it with V7

it was around 8-9C with sunny sky
    overall I thought it was really easy to apply and remove, something like ez creme, it spreads easily and I went over the whole car with LC red on polishin pal, removed with CG yellow towels after about 15 mins

waited about half an hour and topped with V7, V7 was also pretty easy to apply, just spray and spread with one CG yellow towel and buff off with 2nd towel, feels easier than OCW

sun was already going down when I finish, so took some quick pics the next day after a short drive, haha please don't mind my newbie pics as I'm still learning how to use my T1i
    it felt pretty slick and made it look pretty glossy, it seems to masked and filled most of my minor wash marring
    lol don't think I'll ever find out the durability, but really wanted to grab the hose to see the beading on it

will try Prima BG/Hydro combo next :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Hansen

edit: it rained today so I took a couple beading shots with my phone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not the best beading imo, but it's not too bad

2. Cooter

Cooter DB Forum Supporter

Looks great Hansen!!!!!!!!!!!

The t1i is a nice camera!!

3. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

nice finish, very sealant like

i think you should colour code the arches and sills

my mate had a grey cooper s and it looked great all painted

4. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

your car looks so clean and shiny.

5. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I like the way your Mini looks wearing the v7 / BL combo. I am interested to see what you think of the bfms we got on the group buy. I have never used a wax that went on and off so easily.

On the topic...Your mini is no joke, regardless of the lsp.

6. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Looks really good! Im loving the all black mini,I only have seen minis with stripes on them.Hmmm... I gotta hide this thread,my wife is gonna want a new all black mini if she she sees this.Damn this site!LOL

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Could be worse, she could want the new ford focus......

LOL.

8. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

We never got it in the end cuz they wouldnt free ship 2 tubs lol

But yeah V7 is a very glossy sealant and Blacklight is more of a glaze than a sealant. Its quite suited for Mini paintwork nonetheless, ultimately soft clear coat.

Oh and V7 smells like orange, Hansen was exposed the smell for a long time while I stood back and watched :D

Also I have concluded that the Majesta or something shampoo that he got for samples is ultimately lacking in cleaning power.

9. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

I've heard people say that CG Blacklight is really just repackaged CG EZ-Creme Glaze as it has the same consistancy, behavior, smell, and color. Anyone done any durability tests with this to see if it really has the life of a glaze or do people usually just top it off with a wax similar to what you'd do with a glaze anyways?

10. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

I can tell you the waterbeadin is literally 0 on the blakclight

11. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

LOL If that were the case Id have to buy a bullet and rent one of your guns

12. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

LOL..........Ill provide the ammo. that car is a JOKE...... unless it was the RS model.

13. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Nice Mini!!!

14. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

THe ride looks stunning and I agree that the T1i is a great camera . I just recent picked one up my self . Now I'm learning to use it. What Lens did you use to take these shots ?

15. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

Thanks guys! it rained today so I took some beading shots with my phone

haha I've been thinking about painting the arches for a long time, but no money to paint yet, and I still haven't found a local shop that I trust yet

haha ya Aldric and I ended up not getting it because we just didn't like the way they did things

LOL

16. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

I only used the 18-55 Lens Kit that came with the camera, LOL can't afford new lens yet, and I'm still to newbie for new lens haha

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That's a tidy little car, very well done!

18. dogma

dogma DB Forum Supporter

Looks great. I just reordered the BL/V7 kit I really like the combo. You mentioned you want to try Prima Amigo/BG/Hydro that's actually my go to combo .Although I love the BL/ V7 the Prima combo is my Ultimate. When I get a chance I want to see how BL is topped with Hydro.