1. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

this stuff seems like a dust magnet! i have had it in my wheels wells for a few weeks now. before when i used Meg's Hyperdressing the dust would rinse right off, now it stays stuck, and it has to be washed off... so im wondering, is that just how barebones is? or should i try cutting it like 2:1 (water:BB)?

2. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

i use CG silk shine dressing and have not had any problems at all. i know its basically the same product, but it works for me

3. euroslvt

euroslvt Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Same thing happened to me. Applied it, let it sit, wiped it off, drove a few miles, came back home and washed it right off.

Horrible product in my opinion, attracted dusted like crazy.:shakehead:

4. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Really? I use this stuff on every single detail and have never had it cause me a problem. Most of the time when I get the vehicles back in a few months wheel wells still look great. Oh and I just spray it on and never wipe it. Could not be a better or easier product on the market to use in my opinion.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Is this the same as Adam's Undercarriage Spray? I've had good luck with it so far on all of my details.

6. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

megs HYPERDRESSING FTW...

7. kogenx

kogenx Birth of a Detailer

Bare bones is a product where u would spray on and walk away. I had similar problems when i use to wipe off the excess. But all was solved when i just left it on. Great product for me. - agree with you JLs.

8. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

I haven't got any problem with excessive dust.
    What I always do, spray and go overnight(wonder if that helps to dry). I also never use it if I know it's going to rain the next day.

BTW, CG barebone is not water based it's oil based(test it by mixing water into small amout and the blue barebone float to the top while clear water on the bottom). So right away my logic tells me I need to let it dry before driving.

9. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Never had that problem either. Working really well for me.

10. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

no dusting for me either.. i really think you need to let it dry!!

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

12. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

Likewise. No dusting.

13. mfh

mfh Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How much of it would you say you use if you did the 4 wheel wells with barebones?

14. JLs Detailing

Thats probably the only drawback to using Bare Bones, you use a lot of it on each detail. I would say I go through about 2 or 3 oz per car.

15. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Do you think it's worth the cost if you use so much and how many oz. container does it come in...Thanks...:thumb:

16. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

it seems it get my wheels dirty faster than 303

17. JLs Detailing

Is it cost effective...No. Does it put your detail over the top and save a ton of time all the while getting the perfect look? Yes. Some things you just have to splurge on to seperate yourself from the others. Now a cheaper alternative is Megs All Season Dressing. Its about $22 a gallon.

18. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I use adams verison and I think it a very similar product and have had no problems with spraying it on and just walking away.

19. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Scheerspeed, i thought i always saw Megs hyperdressing in your arsenal? Since barebones is oil based you wont be able to dilute it...making HD a more cost effective choice..and although i havent used BB i wont even try it because of the great results i get with HD at 4:1 for the wells..

20. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I have a bottle of BB and lately I've been using Adam's UCS, both bottles I received in a trade/purchase from here on DB. I really haven't tried the BB yet but I'm thinking I'll be sticking with HD as well once these bottles are gone.

The look I can get with HD is somewhat similar to that of UCS. It's not exactly the same look but considering HD's price, availability, and performance, it's difficult to pass up. :)