CG AirSpeed blower

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by 2KLS1, Apr 2, 2008.

1. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

Has anyone tried this thing. Its similar to a garden blower only smaller. It says it can blow air at a speed of 110mph. I've been looking at getting a blower for drying and was wondering how this would compare to a full size one. Just by looking at the pictures it looks like it might be to small to dry an entire car in a reasonable amount of time. Anyone have experience or opinions on this product?

Air Dryer Car blower

2. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I use a blower to dry cars I do....its a leaf blower ...200MPH as they say..it makes a world of difference using one to dry a car...no more drying towels on the paint..just a towel to blot areas with some water...

this is the one I got...

Weed Eater EBV200W Electric Blower and Vacuum - Wal-Mart

or you could get the cheaper one..which I would of gotten but sold out....

Weed Eater WEB150 Electric Blower - Wal-Mart

Now if mine broke today..I would run out and get another....

Now I have a gas powered one for the yard....its just to cumbersome and loud..and its used as a vac also and was afraid it would bombard the paint with any stuck on grit on the inside of the machine...

but for 26.00 its a great investment if you get the cheaper one here...you need a 16x16 towel now to blot water now..instead of a huge drying towel...

AL

3. distrbd

distrbd New Member

4. BretFraz

BretFraz Virgin Detailer

They look like the same thing!

Let's see.... $7.70 for one, $34.23 for the other.....which one do I want......hmmmm.....

5. devast8

devast8 New Member

decent or same as CG??

I think it's the same! lol

dirt cheap too

6. 2KLS1

They sure look the same. Although the CG one says it spins at 1600 rpm while the $8 one is only 1300 rpm so who knows for sure. My original concern though is whether this thing is powerful enough and how it would compare to a full size one like the ones Al-53 mentioned, which is actually what I was originally thinking of getting. I think I might just go to walmart.

7. fobe46

fobe46 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

8. 2KLS1

That should work just fine I reckon.