CG 530 Monster Microfiber good deal???

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by mrgolfrider, May 5, 2009.

1. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

On CG's website they have a three pack of these on sale for 9.99. I do not know much about CG but are these a good towel for that price?? 16" x 16". I am looking forward to hearing back from you all, I don't want to pass it up if it is a good deal.

2. mrgolfrider

looking further into the site, damn near all the MF's are on sale...i'm so confused on which one to jump on...ERR!!

3. mrgolfrider

thank your for the correction, they are the 550, I had clicked on the 530's and it brought me to a page with multiple options, I just wasn't paying attention. So very good deal you say.

4. mrgolfrider

Why are they so cheap for?? Its almost a deterant that you say they come dirty.

Do they compare to any other towel out there?? I know its a good deal, and i'm not saying your judgment about a product you own is wrong, I just don't to buy something I won't be happy with.

5. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Come on now don't go south on me...All towels that I buy I wash first anyway and thats all you have to do. It's just from the process of making them...I promise...:thumb:

6. mrgolfrider

ok...placing my order now...

MONSTER MICROFIBER JUMBO ABSORBER

going to order six..wife is going to kill me...I gotta come up with something like I won a raffle or something...

7. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Congatulations on a :100post:...:thumb:

8. mrgolfrider

9. mrgolfrider

Just received my three pack of 550's and six pack of Super towels from CG.

First impressions are not good. I thought the 550's were going to be SUPER thick, fat, whatever you want to call it. The Super towels are what I expected, just a nice looking towel. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the long/short nap on the towel, what is the benefit of having the sides different?? Maybe after a wash they will be fluffier.

I would like others opinons on these towels.

10. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Wash them separately, mine bled like a motherfucker. All my yellow towels I washed with them are blue are red now :thud:

11. mrgolfrider

thats good to know, I think I read that somewhere else also. Did they get any softer after washing? Do you like the short nap for anything in particular?

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The long and short nap is good for two reasons. First, the short nap is better at removing sticky residues like polish and carnauba based products. The longer, softer side is excellent for sealants as they come off easier. Also, when applying QDs, use the short side to apply so the nap doesn't soak up and waste a lot of product and buff with the longer softer side.:thumb: If you are looking for a "deep pile" towel, try the 600s from Pakshak. I just got some. Very nice.

13. mrgolfrider

I do not need a deep pile nap, I think??.... I was just thinking that the 550's would be really deep from the pictures. My SS from Meguiars are just right, not really tight, but not really long. I can see where the shorter nap would come in handy with taking off something like #7 from Meguiars, but also for that I have UW from Meguiars, which are super soft, and also a short nap. I have no clue what I want out of a towel, I guess that is why I keep buying so many.

14. mrgolfrider

Ok, so after the first wash on the 550's, there is a noticable difference from out of the plastic and now. They feel alot softer now, fluffed up nicely. I had the Super mf's in the dryer when I left the house, will check on those when i'm home from work. I am happy to see the difference after washing, still do not know exactly where I will try and fit these into the rotation of mf's being used.

What towel should I buy next, I am looking to make a mf purchase in the next week or so, so suggestions are wanted.

15. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

how soon do you recieve your shipment? I ordered on Monday, and never got a tracking until now, i wonder anything wrong happened there! Then i gave them a call, no one answered......