Cement on paint

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by detaildude3629, Jan 23, 2014.

1. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

Client of mine has cement on lowers panel by tires front and rear and on step up bars. What product would be reccommend for this problem. Business next door was pouring cement and had puddles she ran into. Thanks for any information.

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Do you have a pic?

3. TurboJoe

TurboJoe DB Forum Supporter

If the splatter is fairly fresh, Vinegar actually works pretty well. Just keep spraying it to keep it wet over the course of around 30 mins, check it, repeat (in the shade of course) and eventually it should loosen it up. Usually I still had to use a plastic razor blaze (you could try a credit card) and as gently as possible scrape it off. This can take a while though, the last one I did this way was around 3 hours, working on other areas while the vinegar was soaking.

Lowes/Home depot used to sell Zep Concrete dissolver, but I don't remember seeing it in the stores lately. Not sure if they discontinued it, or if it could be purchased online. I've used this on wheels and wheel wells with success, but never had the chance to try It on the actual body of a car. Didn't work quite as "easily" as I had hoped, but this is concrete your dealing with, not mud!

http://www.topoftheline.com/cement-concrete-remover-auto.html Looked into this a while ago, had some good reviews on it, but I've never tried it.

4. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

5. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

You can order Bac Set in large quantity direct. It is an effective product from what I hear. And NOT dangerous one bit.

6. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I would have used a pressure washer, since concrete is porous and will absorb the water and hopefully loosen up with the pressure and come off...

Just use common sense here, you cannot use a huge gpm (gallons per minute) pressure washer on this unless you are really careful, so you dont also remove your paint...

Keep it at an angle and watch what you are doing..
    Dan F

7. 01GreyStangGT

01GreyStangGT Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I had a similar thing happen to my Mustang 3 months ago. Mustang had Blackfire Wet Diamond on it. Used a pressure washer to get the bulk off. Took a while to get it all out of the nooks and crannies.