Celeste Dettaglio purchased.

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Whip Appeal Neil, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Whip Appeal Neil

Whip Appeal Neil Jedi Nuba

I just went on my new CG run the other day and was convinced to grab some Celeste.

My Petes 53 ran out a month ago and my Souveran has about 2 applications left.

I was in the market for Swissvax Onyx or maybe some Zymol. I really wanted SV Concourso, but didnt quite justify the price.

I was wondering if anyone can chime in on their experience with this wax, expectations, durability, shine/depth, application process.

Marc from HeavenlyDetail personally contact me and mentioned that the best way to apply this is to top after EZCREAM for best results and to wait 4 hours between coats.

I have been a big fan of the "polish, JS109, wax, wax" method and found it to be successful.

For those who have tried other waxes please give me your feedback. I'll post pics when I do this GT-R on Sunday. Thanks

Wax list I used before:
    Souveran
    Petes 53
    Lusso Oro
    Victoria Red
    Onyx
    XXX

Thanks in advance!

2. aowheels

aowheels DB Pro Supporter

Personally I love this wax! I'm on my 3rd jar now!
    I always use CG Glossworks Glaze before application and found the wax to last longer by hand application!

Marc would know best!!!

Here is a video of a R8 3 months later.... its mostly garaged kept but I was still impressed!!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/aowheelstv#p/f/1/_dR68z81_Ao[/video]

3. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I have a pot sitting in the fridge - waiting to be applied for the first time :D One of these days I'll get around to correcting my dad's Bimmer and using it as my LSP topper.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Not a huge fan of waxes, but this is on a short list of ones I would love to try out.