CD2 Engine detailer

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by carguy461, Apr 18, 2008.

1. carguy461

carguy461 Two Bucket System Washer

Has anyone used this before, autozone carries it pick 3 cans up $4.99 a can. Thanks

2. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Yes, and it's a great product for the engine area..........

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

4. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I like it but it is a dust magnet.

5. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

WHY? It dries hard to the touch. Is your engine compartment COMPLETELY dry before application?
    Never had a problem, the best I have ever used.

6. Peugeot

Peugeot Birth of a Detailer

I saw this and based on the hype I've seen, I bought a couple of cans when I saw it at a local AZ. I actually tried it. I guess I didn't use it right as I didn't go for a drive after using it. The engine looks OK. However, I'm extremely leary of spraying some chemical on a part and that's it. I'm uber-anal when it comes to engines...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Polished each Bosch sensor to a mirror finish with a Dremel.

My expectations were low and they were met. I think CD2 is a good engine dressing for a new engine with those big plastic covers but for an engine that's seen some serious use, it's just not going to remove the years.

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

If the engine is pretty gunky, usually I'll hit it with a diluted APC to break it down then go over it again with CD2. That usually does the trick.

8. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

It's only a dressing. Not a cleaner, not a rust remover, not a scrub brush, not a Dremel tool. Methinks you ask too much of a simple spray on engine dressing.