Carpet stripes - leave or brush out?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by bvhbmw, Nov 28, 2009.

1. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

You know the stripes we leave behind when extracting carpets and mats? Do you leave them so the customer knows you did the work or do you brush them out?

I think they look a little goofy.

2. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

leave them i think it looks good and it lets the customer know the carpets were done

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I leave them. I actually go in opposite directions on the last pass to really make them stand out!

4. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

leave it. shows that carpets were actualy done good

5. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Did a couple times after seeing it one here. After that I haven't done it. Don't really see the need to do it.

6. GDAL

GDAL Guest

most customers love the stripes ... great indicator that the extractor was used on an interior that was fairly clean in the first place.

7. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I add stripes but not with the extractor, I find it looks better and tends to mask some of the imperfections

8. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Leave em!

They look cool!

9. bvhbmw

New product idea: carpet rake for making stripes that LOOK like an extractor was used!
    Much easier and faster than actually cleaning!

Only $9.95 plus $39.95 shipping and handling

10. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

I dont do carpet strips anymore because one of my customers said they looked tacky and had to take them out. So in my mind they are a waste of time and energy on clients cars. I personal like the look in my truck

11. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

^^ nice lol
    careful somebody might actualy buy it

12. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

can someone tell me what u use to make strips in the carpet? what brush? I heard someone on here a while back said they use a triangle brush they got some where

thanks

13. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

I never do them. For some reason I don't like the way they look.

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Love the way they look, looks clean! Even if it does look tacky, makes the customer aware that they got attention.

How do you make them? Easy.

1) Spray on a load of Folex
    2) Grab your flat hose attachment
    3) Pull one line
    4) Push the other line

DONE

15. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have seen some detailers that have a metal stencil of there name or something and put all the carpet nap in one direction, put the stencil on the carpet and brush that lettering in the other direction so you see the lettering on the stencil.

16. bvhbmw

Let's all get a stencil of the reclining, large chested woman we see on many US truck mudflaps and brush that into customers' floormats.

17. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

i like the company name idea. i might make something with my logo.....

18. richy

richy Guest

Almost like subliminal advertising..hehehe.

19. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have seen some with company name and one person had "thank you for choosing us"

20. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

I've seen some do that with wax or sealant too. Where they put their logo on the hood of the car or something in a different products than the used on the rest of the car and then when it rains or gets wet the logo stands out.