Carpet Extractor

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Smith2287, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I want to purchase a good extractor that can speed up my current process with the LGM. I just want to hear your thoughts on them and where you guys purchased your models from. I am probably wrong but I thought that Chris from eshine was saying that he is a mytee dealer now. I am looking into the mytee lite II 8070 heated extractor, or the Durrmaid Mini Heated Extractor. I think I am better off with mytee as the tank won't fill up mid detail on me.

Thanks guys for the help,

-Corey

2. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

The 3 that I have been looking at are:

1.) Aztec "Hot Rod"
    2.) Mytee 8070
    3.) Mytee HP60

These 3 keep coming up over and over as good quality units.

3. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

2nd the hot rod

4. Smith2287

I am going to look into this ,machine as I was just was looking into mytee series.

5. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

I have never used anything other than a mytee, so I lean more towards the HP60...

6. Smith2287

See the mytee HP60 is too big as I was leading towards the mytee lite II 807o due to the fact that I am mobile without a trailer.

7. 1f1fan

1f1fan Birth of a Detailer

I bought a Mytee 8070 about 2-3 months ago. I was able to find it locally, local support on a machine like this is important to me. I like the large rinse and recovery tanks, it is easy to operate and I get great results. It has good water lift, a long power cord and hose, is on wheels and is well built.

It is a bit heavy if you are going to be lifting the machine in/out of your vehicle (if doing mobile work) and the water does take a while to heat up.

I'm not familiar with the Aztec Hot Rod so I'm not sure how the 8070 compares.

This is a good machine in the $700-$800 price range, being part time I couldn't drop over 1K for an extractor.

Hope this helps and good luck.

8. Smith2287

thanks for the comments and that is my only concern that the machine to big. But looking at it another way is I don't want to run out tank space if I get a smaller unit like to hot rod.

9. 1f1fan

1f1fan Birth of a Detailer

I have a 2004 honda accord sedan, if I move the front passenger seat up I can get the machine in/out behind it but it's a bit of a hassle (IIRC the 8070 is around 60lbs). Like you said what is more of a pain?....running out of rinse water or transporting the machine.

Ok I just check out the Aztec....it has a bit more water lift, long cord, hoses, etc. and a 1.5 gallon solution tank. If you are doing 1 car at a time I think this will be good. You may run out if doing a large/very dirty SUV but you can always have a bucket with hot water on standby. Maybe get an electric bucket heater if you don't have access to hot water, if you don't use it on the carpets you can always use it on the wheels or during the wash.

I don't think you can go wrong with either - I went with the 8070 because I could get it locally.

10. Smith2287

Yeah I think your right it probably benefits me more to have the more mobile unit. I am going to look into the hot rod as it seems its the best small unit out there.

11. mixxer

mixxer Birth of a Detailer

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hmm, the Hot Rod is very enticing considering its weight difference in comparison to the 8070. In addition, the Hot Rod has more lift but has a smaller solution and recovery tank. The dimensions are very favorable for the Hot Rod as well.

I think my only concern is the size of the solution and recovery tank. I guess it should just make sense to get the 8070 but I'm still on the fence about it.

13. Smith2287

Same here!!!!!!:shead:

14. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

If you look at the heating stats. The Aztec has a 1600 watt heater and the 8070 has a 1000 watt heater.

On the PSI end, the Aztec has 60 PSI and the 8070 has 100 PSI.

This has been my dillema all along. Both have their advantages.

So...........????????

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yeah, I noticed those other specifications as well but I omitted them because they didn't concern me as much. I guess I really should worry about the wattage consumption but I don't think I'd be finding myself using the extractor that often unless business really picks up.

Also, what effect does the PSI have on both units, especially with regards to amount of lift?

16. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

This darn computer just crased again right before I posted a reply.
    In a nutshell, I would think that the extraction(lift, i.e. vacuum) is more important that the PSIpressure)

17. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Another satisfied Mytee user here!

18. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

Darnit Justin, you would have to say that!
    I just about had my mind made up on the Aztec.