Carpet Extractor

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Nov 30, 2011.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Stuck between buying the Mytee Hp 100 or one of the DX models. I need something that is going to work super fast. Can some of you chime in on this that already have the Mytee Hp 60 or 100 models? can you please give me input on their performance and drying times as well as which air blowers you use.

I used an HP 60 in two different detail shops I worked in before but both worked subpar as they were running down after years of use. I was unimpressed with the speed but wanted to hear it from the other interior detailing pros.

thanks

godoman

2. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Guess nobody on here shares an interest in carpet extractors

I ended up getting the muter 1001. Found it on Craigslist for only $800 dollars. Am planning on hooking up the sapphire scientific upholstery tool with it and seeing what kind of results I get on carpets. Should be fun

3. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

Good luck with the new extractor. Can you tell us more about the upholstery tool.

4. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Thanks teak

The sapphire scientific his the area being extracted at a shallow angle rather then a vertical angle. This keeps the area being cleaned from being over saturated and is almost dry. It is the most efficient upholstery tool made yet but costs so much

5. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

You were not lying when you say the tool cost so much.

6. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Just got off the phone with a Rep telling me that if I want to use an internal spray upholstery tool with any carpet extractor, I need to make sure that I have at least 200 psi or the suction/waterlift from the machine will be too strong to allow the extraction to take place

Does anyone have any feedback on this, or is everyone using the traditional spray upholstery tools that tend to put out alot of over spray

Thanks,

Godoman

7. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

no feedback from any of you on this?

8. formula1finish

formula1finish Virgin Detailer

I'm wondering how many pro detailers are really utilizing extractors, dont see many posts on them.

9. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I use a Mytee HP60 Spyder Extractor on every Interior Detail I do. I have come to find that if I use my Steamer on the carpet after spraying the cleaner and agitating it, then hit it with steam through a towel on a big triangular brush, then extract it immediately, I get really great results the first pass and normally dont have to go back and clean something again.
    My Extractor already has an in-line heater, so my rinse is going to be hot as well as the steam just pushed into the carpet ahead of it, so I seem to get a better clean and extract out of it.
    Also use my Extractor on all cloth upholstery and cloth convertible tops and it absolutely rocks there as well.
    All you have to do is clean and extract any carpet once, dump your recovery tank after, and see how brown the water is because you pulled all the dirt that resides at the bottom of the carpet fibers on the backing, and you will be convinced how great a tool these things are.

Im also convinced through doing this for years that the overall smell of Interiors is changed for the better once you get all the dirt out of the carpets and seats using an extractor. Yes, you certainly accomplish this on a smaller scale using a lot of elbow grease and towels, and time, but the actual rinse and removal of suspended dirt in water through an extractor will pretty much do it faster and better.

There are a whole other set of subjects to talk about regarding water lift, how much moisture are you actually introducing to the carpets vs how much you are going to remove, are you going to use fans to help dry the carpets faster if needed, how much moisture can one actually remove at X number of passes on cold days vs hot in the sun days, and so on..
    There is a lot too it if you want to do the best, quickly/quickest, vs how much it costs to get into the game vs how long does it take to pay for itself, and more..

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

10. kleerkoat

kleerkoat Virgin Detailer

I've used a mytee hp100 has fast heating and 100psi pump great machine.

11. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

Godoman, would you suggest the machine you bought? Now that you have had it a few months, What do you like/dislike about it.

12. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

have the mtytee 60 and use it on every job. dont need to use my blower very often even here in oregon. dries in a couple hours while i do the polishing.