Carpet Cleaning In Cold Weather - Help Needed

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I have an interior to do tomorrow, Im plan on using some cleaning solutions, my PC and my shop vac for extraction.

The average temp tomorrow will be 50 degrees..Is this going to be a problem as far as drying?

Thanks in advance

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I don`t think it will be any problem. Your VAC should get most of the wetness out!

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Jason...best way is to clean it....and let car run with heater full blast..keep windows opened a inch to let the moisture out ...so it does not condensate inside...

or if you have a pelonis disk ceramic heater...run it while you do the outside...

do the interior first...

50 is borderline for it to dry on its own...I did my seats last week and it was low 50's and next day they were so so damp...and I used and extractor...

or you could get one of the heated air movers...I think I seen them at either Lowes or Home Depot..for around 100.00.....

AL

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Thanks pirex

Now why didn't I think of running the car with heater full blast...DUH!!! Man I love it when you share these very "common sense" solutions...

I was thinking of getting that heated air mover from HD, should I just put it on a crate so it's even with the door sill and just have it blow is? Will this be a huge improvement over running the cars heater full blast?

Thanks!!!

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

6. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Hey bro let me know how they turn out because I have been looking at the first one for a while and couldn't decide if I wanted to buy it or not.

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

the stanley unit really blows, and since it is a heater that is a good thing!!:righton::rollinglaugh:

I really like it, it gets really hot, has a good amount of forced air, gets hot really quickly and cool thing is it pivots.

Another plus is it just looks cool, very "professional grade" if you know what I mean... I think the tools you use gives off a certain "image" to the customer...Obviously END RESULTS TRUMP ALL

I also picked up a twin halogen floor lamp "husky" brand... I ended up returning my Harbor Freight dual halogen and just using my brinkman... It really sucked.. too short and reall flimsy.

This husky light is 70" tall, the dual halogen lamps come off so it turns into a dual floor halogen...I think this one is a keeper

8. Nica

Nica Banned

This is a very interesting topic as I was on the same boat as you MotorCity...as always Al-53 comes through with some wicked information :thumb:

Sounds like you got some wicked lights there buddy.

9. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Al, the Stanley did the trick like a charm!! I only needed to use it for the mats since I used my newly aquired steamer on the stationary carpet and seats. using the steamer reduced the amount of chemicals I needed to almost nothing so they remained relatively dry and were completely dry before I was done with the detail.

That peolonis looks real nice.. Yours has 82 more BTU's, do you think that is noticeably higher? If so I may want to return mine and get the pelonis!!

11. Nica

Nica Banned

MotorCity what steamer do you have?

12. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

A little late. But if you use DP Total Interior Cleaner with the brush on the PC then there is virtually no drying time. Vacuum, hit it with DP/ brush, vacuum again and you're done.