carlos this ones for you

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Calgarydetail, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

So carlos came to help on one detail I did. it was like 10degree out (ok so not that warm).

I decided to do a video to show that washing in the coldis not that bad.

I applogize for the crapy filming, i was trying to hold the camera and work.
    Also sorry for the wind, but it just made it colder.

So carlos these are for you :righton:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ohh yeah, btw this is not the coldest i detail in. I normaly do it in the garage so its not windy but its often colder.

2. eShine

eShine Guest

Dam, I am glad I have a heated garage! I got cold just watching the video.

3. Calgarydetail

im getting one soon, we are waiting for the electrtion to finish up on the garage, then we need the gas guy. From there is an insulating and drywall paty. :buffer:

should be done in about a month, depending on the electrtion.

Im really excited forit, means i can onr in -30 :righton:

4. eShine

eShine Guest

What type of heater are you going to use? I use a Radiant Tube heater, I keep it on all winter and it only costs about $200 all winter! Looks crooked in pic but it is actually two pics joined in middle.

[​IMG]

5. Calgarydetail

I was actully doing so research and i think the tube one is the one im going to go with.
    I have heard they are energy efficent (compared to the blowers), plus i like how theres not a constant wind.
    I work at a lake and to keep the zamboni warm we have a blower, the wind is uncoratble.

on a side nore, i really like that eshine banner, How do i get my hands on one?

6. eShine

eShine Guest

Mike radiant tube heaters are great. They are meant to be run all the time. They are very quiet and efficent. They heat the objects and the objects heat the air (Like the sun). Keep in mind this is not a heater that you walk in the garage, flick on and have heat. If the garage gets stone cold it will take a LOOONG time to heat, if you want tomething that you can just tuen on when needed go with forced air. After the garage is heated the tube will only kick on every hour for about 10 minutes. I can actually turn off the heater, open the garage door while I snowblow the driveway (10 minutes). And when I come back in and close the door the heat rises on its own from the heated objects!

The eShine banner is one we had made when we did our first show as a vendor back in 2004. Once we realized how much work that was we never did it again. LOL.

7. Calgarydetail

wicked, thanks for the info.i will have to cost it all out. but i have a feeling its what i will be going with..

and i take it there is no way to get my hands on a banner.. ohh well i can pretend. maybe ill write eshine on my wall with blackmarker :p

8. eShine

eShine Guest

It is actually hard to tell but the banner is a solid piece of aluminum! I should look at getting some cool banners made. We are doing a redesign of the site this winter with a new logo and artwork. Once that is done and we know what our new lok is like I may create some banners.

9. Calgarydetail

awsome, im really excited to see the updares :awesome:

well its lare hre so im going to bed, have a good night. and thanks for the info on the heaters and banners :p

10. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

So Calgary, you use one bucket method with ONR, never two? Is that Meguiar's mitt a microfiber? BTW nice video thanks for filming! :D

11. Calgarydetail

thanks, the videos really do suck, but i filmed them on a digital camera in the cold, when i have my garage i will do more.

as for the 1 bucket, the car was not dity, just had some water dried on it (from the snow the previous dat). I did not need two buckets, heck the water didnt even change colours.

if the car is dirty i use two buckets, i add onr to both. I figure the onr will help clean the dity mitt, as well as when the water from the rinse bucker goes into the water of the clean buclet the soltion does not dilute.

as for ths mitt, i hae sheep skin, i use them often. i find with onr though a mf cloth or a chennille mitt work best. a sheepskin mit does a good job though

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Thanks a lot for the response. I have a nano detail mitt from surf city and i washed it after using DP four in one on my car, but it still looks dirty lol. Could be just stains and I'm sure it's not dirty. I have sheepskin too but for some reason I like the microfiber mitt more.

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That cold weather is something we don't have to deal with here in Texas. When it gets below freezing, the world just stops here. No one goes to work, school or anything. It's great!

14. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Socal ;)

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Darn I'm at work and can't see the videos :wall:

I'll have to check the videos out when I get home.

Chris that's a wicked heater, I got a smaller one works well though.

Is your's a gas heater? Mine is electric, it was going to cost way to much to get a gas line extended over to my garage so I decided to go with the heater.

Oh as for the banners, I can't wait to get one ;) hahahahaha

16. eShine

eShine Guest

Carlos, mine is Natural gas. You can also get them in Propane and just get a 100 or 200lb propane cylinder. I bet a 200lb cylinder would last all winter.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Mike, just saw the videos...man your a brave person washing your vehicle in those conditions...honestly my hands would have frozen if I do that outside...well not really but heck I got a garage....oh wait heated garage so there's no need for me to do that lol. If I had to though I would probably do it.

Those are some wicked videos though...what do you mean you needed your second hand? hahahahaha just teasing I know what you mean though hahahaha.

Thanks for taking the time to do the videos.

18. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

LOL I should come and visit you. I literally plan on moving to SoCal eventually. The cars, girls and lifestyle is unbeatable. LOL I would be the Cars and Coffee keener.