Care to review my CG order?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by ziggo99, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ziggo99

ziggo99 Birth of a Detailer

[​IMG]
    I plan on calling the order in and adding the Glossworkz glaze since I've only heard about it twice and we hear all about BL. It's my first order with them, so I don't have any of their products. Just mainly wanting to their out their towels, but then saw some other stuff I thought I want to try.

2. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

Suggest EZ Creme Glaze, Diablo Wheel Gel and P-40 Pro Detailer. "Gold" will give you a small discount via the web anyway. And don't be bashful about asking for a sample. CG is pretty good about including samples with your orders and they're 16 oz too, not small 4 oz mini bottles.

Look forward to a review of the micro cotton MF towel.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

delete the sasquach or whatever they call it, and the blue monster towels....... the yellow ones and the shaggy furball are fine. and in fact you can use the furball to dry very effectively. If you have a pepboys near by, the PEAK drying towel is pretty much the same thing, and its bigger and I think nicer again IMO, ive used all those towels you listed.

If it was me, go to costco and get a pack of yellow MF towels for doorjams and interior stuff, wheels glass etc. The yellow super towel is great for exterior, but honestly the blue is no better. I do like the furball, its a smaller version of the PEAK drying towel.

glossworks and extreme body wash....... sort of redundant. IMO

I agree with UZJ, P40 is amazing...Diablo is legit, but not the best for wheels are regularly maintained, get the citrus gel. Barebones is a nice product as well

again all my opinion.

4. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Let me know how you like the Mirco Cotton MF I am looking at them as well. Might I suggest their edgless white polishing towels they are great for polish and wax removal.
    Are you guys getting any correction with P40? I used it once and I would not use it as a one step at all but it did make a great finishing polish.

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

In regards to the blue mega plush towel I feel it is a great towel. I think it is much denser compared to the yellow super towels.

I use the blue towels for wax/sealant removal and the golds for polish/QD. The yellow towels are great and when buying in the larger dozen quantity makes them a great deal so order the dozen now bc you will love them.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

7. ziggo99

I I don't have a pepboys or costco near me, so that puts a damper on trying those towels to listed.

Yeah, I know glossworkz and EBW are redundant, but want to see if there a difference between the two, in case the Glossworkz price ever goes plus I've never seen anyone talk about EBW.

So I'll probably ask for a sample of P40. How does it compare to ONR diluted down to an quick detailer ratio?

8. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I ordered the sasquatch and probably would not order them again, I've has linting issues even after washing a few times and I just cant seem to find a use for them where they excel. They just seem too thick or plush and kind of stick or bunch up when i use them. the only thing i really use them for now is to lightly remove polishing dust, not the actual polish residue but just the dust. that gets on other panels

9. dave_zok

dave_zok DB Forum Supporter

There is a few threads on here and some people, me being 1 of them, who dont like CG towels at all. That being said i would dump the CG order and place an order from DetailersDomain.com as phil is running a special of 18% off, flat rate shipping of $8.88 or free shipping for orders >$150. This ends tomorrow i think

His "ultra" towel is Awesome and can cover the use of almost every towel you have in your CG list. It will also last much longer then the CG ones, which is just my opinion from my past experance with DD and CG towels.

Also i would get some Adams or Lusso car wash and replace the polish with Menzerna PO85RD, super finish, or even power finish. Also DD brushes last much longer than the CG ones, at least mine do.

Your order will be probably the same $$ if not cheaper and you will get much better quality items.

10. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

+1 that's a good idea!
    The only thing I really like from CG is their window cleaner.

11. dave_zok

dave_zok DB Forum Supporter

And there Stripper Sent :giggle:That is the only think i still order from them.

12. Kilo6_one

ONR as a QD is a better method, alot slicker and works better. I talked to Chris at Opt about this, first let me be clear. I use it to wipe down a car that is not driven and has garage dust, i do not use it to remove pollen etc. He said its fine, but he suggests doing this.

basically spray the panel down with diluted ONR, then wipe off, then spray with water, then buff out....... states he does not recomend using the same side of the towel again. Which makes sense because it traps the dirt and you risk the chance of marring.

yeah, thats a bummer about no poopboys or costco

13. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

The yellow towells are great order a couple of dozen now, or you'll be placing another order in a couple of weeks.
    The Monsters are nice and have their place, but are too thich and fluffy to remove any wax or other LSP, I like them for spray wax or QD applications only.

14. ziggo99

Like spray the panel with a spray bottle of water after I wipe off the ONR at QD? That seems odd.

15. Kilo6_one

that is what Chris at@optimum said to do if you use ONR as a QD, alot has to do with the actual removal of dust and dirt.

"Quick Detailer's are usually just for dusting and in that regard it is just fine...but, it really isn't recommended for waterless washing (Opti Clean is). You can continue using it the way you are if you will modify one thing. Just wet your wash media and don't use the same folded side on two panels. This will require a drying pass, but will be more consistent with the way the product was intended to be used."

With that said, what is the context you are using it? water-less wash or QD, big difference.

"ONR greatly depends on the bucket water to flow away the debris so to mimic the extra water, I suggested the wet towels. OptiClean was formulated with plenty of lubrication and cleaning agents that work with very little water so it works differently than just adding more ONR to the mix. Honestly, though...if you are getting good results with what you are using, then just keep doing it. Maybe you car doesn't accumulate enough heavy soil between washes to need a dedicated spray and wipe. ONR at any dilution is non toxic so no worries there and maybe that will keep you from having to stock another"

Per our conversation regarding the matter.

Now keep in mind, the context I use ONR is, that its on a car that is rarely driven and its a thin layer of garage dust, nothing else.

16. ziggo99

I was wanting to use it to remove light dusting and bird bombs, and the cars are kept outside 24/7.

17. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

I agree with the above, just received my order within 4 days,,get to try out products tomm.. reload spray sealant..and iron x also...great service there..

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Forget about those really think MFs, I feel they don't do much apart from give you bragging rights...

19. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

The extra thick towels, especially at the single unit prices, are kind of hard to justify in my mind but I'm not you. I do think the yellow towels with black banding offer very good value in all three sizes: 16" x 16" (just buy the 12 pack = $1.90 ea plus shipping), 16" x 24" and 25" x 36". The red Fluffer Supra towels look like an even better value than the yellow in the 16" x 24" size 6 packs but I haven't tried them.

As far as CG chemicals go I like their shampoos reasonably well but I prefer other brands. Glossworkz seems to get very mixed reviews but I haven't tried it. The EZ Creme Glaze is a good product. Mirror Finish is widely reported to be good. I like Diablo pretty well. I hear good things about their leather products and about Bare Bones. Their paste waxes are solid. I'm not a fan of their sealants that I've tried. I'm curious about P-40, Luber, Clear Seal, Meticulous Matte and the Polish Pad Conditioner but haven't tried them. Chemical Guys have a bewildering forest of products and I've only tried a small percentage. Please let us know what you buy and how you like it.

20. BlakRam

BlakRam Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm going to try the Blue Monster and yellow drying towels from CG. How is Adams waterless wash for bugs and bird bombs?