Care & Storage of MF products?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by jnicklo, Feb 13, 2014.

1. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

One thing I feel like I've wasted a TON of money on is Microfiber clothes. A few years ago, I spent over $300 on MF cloths from AutoGeek and local stores and sadly I think they're all ruined due to me not knowing how to properly care and store them.

So thanks to the advice of zerix I will be ordering a bunch of new MFC's from Rag Factory and I am curious, how do you guys take care of and store your MF products?

2. TurboJoe

TurboJoe DB Forum Supporter

There is a TON of threads out there on this topic, especially on Autogeek and the other detailing forums. I'm not trying to be the bad guy here, but the most helpful suggestion I have would be to just do a general "google" search on the topic and start reading! There is a lot of useful info out there.

Personally... I usually soak all of my microfibers/drying towels in a 5gal bucket of warm water after a day of detailing, typically with a small amount of MicroRestore in it as well. After about an hour, I wash with regular Tide or for the really dirty batches I'll use MicroRestore again, with warm water.

And as everyone else will tell you.. No fabric softener in the wash cycle, no dryer sheets in the drying cycle.. and if you do use a dryer to dry them, do this on the delicate cycle with LOW heat.

Storage: Plastic storage bins, plastic storage drawers, and my nicer and more expensive towels that I don't use frequently get stored in Ziploc bags when dry.

jnicklo likes this.
  3. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

Thanks for sharing your method.

4. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

I bought some clear plastic storage containers from Homedepot. Here is how my set up is currently.

[​IMG]

Limny

5. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

I envy your large garage. I've got a single car garage at my apartment that is a tight fit. I do have a few of those storage bins that I'm going to use.