Car Wash for Foam Cannon?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by yyaman, Sep 22, 2010.

1. yyaman

yyaman Two Bucket System Washer

I have the Wolfgang's foam canon which I use with my pressure washer. I have used DP Xtreme foam with it but I am not happy with the shampoo as I think it is stripping all my LSP. I want to get a new car wash that I can use with the foam cannon and won't strip my LSP. I want to place an order with Phil and I am trying to decide whether it will be Adam's or Optimum. Based on your experience, which one do you recommend?

2. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

I have tried many shampoos in the foam cannon and I find that it doesn't really matter much which one you use. Even the P21S which does not sud that well, is amazing in the foam cannon.

So basically what I am saying is use the shampoo that you want the cannon will make anything sud in my experience, if you are waying towards Optimum then go with Optimum. I really like the results of P21S and use that one myself.

I have tried;

P21S
    Optimum
    CG Citrus Wash & Gloss
    CG Wash & Gloss Clear
    CG Maxi Suds II
    DP Extreme
    Sonax Gloss Shampoo

3. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I like duragloss 521, out of your options I would go with optimum.

4. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

You are using the correct manufacturer dilution ratio on the DP, right?

5. yyaman

I usually put 1oz of DP and the rest water in the cannon bottle. One time I did 3 oz. It is mentioned on their website that it doesn't strip wax.

6. yyaman

You mean 902? 521 is a detail spray.

7. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

DP Xtreme Foam won't strip wax, but it will leave a polymer coating on its own that may change the beading/sheeting of your existing wax.

Try Optimum Car Wash, it produces really great suds through a foam cannon using 2-3 ounces and the rest water. And then you can wash your car with at a ratio of 0.5 oz per gallon of water. Phil sells the 32oz of Opt Car Wash for only $9 which is a great deal.

8. richy

richy Guest

I have used DG and Optimum in my cannon. I do find it makes a difference if you mix it up really good first. If I run my cannon wide open, it makes an obscene amount of foam but it goes through it quickly.

9. yyaman

Since it leaves a polymer coating, will I be able to apply another coat of the same wax on top of it (same wax that was applied before I washed the car)?

10. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

There's a thread over on AGO where a guy used DP Xtreme and it stripped his BFWD. They decided he used too much.

:yikes:

11. yyaman

That was me Mindflux. I just go there by a different name (don't ask me why but I assure you I don't suffer from multiple personality disorder!)

12. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Sorry I ment 591 not 521 its a marine rv wash.

13. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

I know you want to stick with Phil, but using CG Maxi Suds II for my maintenance wash with my foam cannon and get excellent suds, cleaning, and doesn't strip my LSP. 2oz per 32oz bottle will mixed..

14. The Driver

The Driver Birth of a Detailer

I agree, however even then you can sometimes. I use both CG citrus an maxi sud's but if you want to be safe 100% use lusso oro soap. I use it on cars after I've used Sv, produces a great shine and keeps everything in tact an on.

15. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Has anyone ever tried Glossworkz with your foam cannon? I know its not a high sudsing wash and is about lubricity, but I use it with my foam gun one capful the rest with water I set it to the max setting and it works decently. I then wash it using the TBM with GG's.

16. pmb600

pmb600 Virgin Detailer

I just bought a foam cannon from Phil and used it for the first time. I used Mother's California Gold in it because that's what I had, it seemed to work well.

Question for those who have experience with the foam cannon: Do you use the foam only to pre-soak the car, then rinse and wash with normal 2 bucket method? Or do you foam the car and use that foam for the washing with a wash mitt?

17. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

everytime I see foam guns/cannons, makes me want to order one :(

18. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

They are great. I use Adams. Love it

19. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

glossworkz in the foam cannon works well. its what ive been using the past couple mnths in my FC. foam is decent, but its not xtreme/super foam status. leaves a nice gloss tho!

20. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thanks dankfanatic I wanted to know because I have a gallon of it. I am in the market for a pressure washer and foam cannon just not sure which of either to get yet I have been to pressurewashersdirect.com and saw some Karcher's but dont know what model to get and on autogeek.net for the foam cannon but they are pricey hoping to find one for a better price.