Car Scent/Freshener-Whats your pick?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by luke093, Jun 23, 2011.

1. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

After a detail what do you guys use? This isn't really talked about here but for the past 2 details I just used febreeze all over the carpets to remove any odors and I thought it gave the car a pleasant non overpowering scent.

So which smell do you guys like or use most for details?

2. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I don't use any since I find most of the leather cleaner/conditioners leave a strong enough scent.

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I agree, but for an exterior only, a quick vaccum and some Febreeze is nice.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

i have some CG odor eliminator and it smells like apple which some people have liked

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I don't spray ANYTHING without checking with the client first.

6. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

Everyone and their mom LOVES the Pina Colada Scent.... Everytime i spray it in a clients car they get a big smile.

I personally am using the new CG Honeydew Scent!!

7. bakchoi

bakchoi Birth of a Detailer

How about CG new car scent? i have the stripper scent but don't realy like it.

8. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

I find the problem with the stripper scent is all the glitter it leaves behind

9. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Same here. I'm a big fan of Ardex's Citrus Clean scent, but I have most of CG's scents too.

For my DD, I use Ozium and 1Z Klima to keep the car "minty fresh" ... lol

10. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

For me, it's CG New Car Scent if the client approves. If not, then the cleaning products leave enough of a fresh scent behind. I don't like the stripper scent as well, it smells like heap perfume a 14y/o girl would wear...

11. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

You should have seen my wife's face when she got inside my car the first time I used the stripper scent. I had to do a lot of explaning because I didn't have the bottle inside the car to show her that someone replicated their "delicate" scent.

12. dave_zok

dave_zok DB Forum Supporter

CG smell of success. I know the smell is supposed to smell like stripper but is also a oder eliminator and does a great job. The smell is not too strong either and almost has a vanilla smell (which is kinda what those establishments and employees smell like..... :giggle:)

13. Kilo6_one

so stripper scent like B.O, meth and cigarettes?

14. dave_zok

dave_zok DB Forum Supporter

more like broken dreams, disappointment and spoiled beer.....

IF you have not used it before i would suggest at least trying the 4oz bottle they sell.

15. Kilo6_one

^^^ LOL.

yeah, I may have to do that.