Car Audio Site?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Chas, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Any recommendations for a good site that I could get speakers and tweeters for my car? I'm not really looking to go all out with sub and amp just nicer speakers in the car and enough where I can do the install myself.

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Try Crutchfield.com. They carry alot of car audio products. I really have been out of the loop in car audio for the last 6 or 7 years. I usually get my stuff locally.

Sounddomain.com has alot of reviews on equipment too.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

+1 on the crutchfield, Superior customer service.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Yes, check out Crutchfield. Not always the cheapest, but you get excellent customer service! They will guide you through the whole install if you need them to.

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

The tech support is for life...... so if you have an issue 3 years down the road as I did, they were very happy to help me.
    Return policy, is hassle free.

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I buy from sonicelectronix. Never had an issue.

7. cnut

cnut Guest

Crutchfield is hard to beat based on what your wanting to do. They have fast shipping, great customer service and a pretty good variety of products.
    They are on the east coast as well so shipping will only take a day to get to you. Do you know what your budget is?

8. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

You know I am pretty open, they have decent speakers in the $50-70 range for the pair so I am looking at least at $150 , because of rear doors, minimum not including tweeters.

9. cnut

cnut Guest

If you have a 6.5, or if that size will fit, your options are very wide ranging. If running only off of deck power get something with a low RMS rating. These will sound better and not be so power hungry. I like polks for the price but boston's may be attainable within your budget. I hope this was helpful.