can you dilute 303 aero protectant?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by jaxxx, Feb 24, 2009.

1. jaxxx

jaxxx Virgin Detailer

Just wandering is I can dilute 303 aerospace protectant with a little bit of water to even get more of a matte finish

2. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I havent heard of anyone doing this, and i have not done it..but as far as i know it is water-based so it wouldnt be out of the question i wouldnt think.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

no. If you want dillutible product - Meguiar's Hyper Dressing is the way to go. Dillutes up to 3:1, if I remember correctly.

4. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I wouldnt dilute 303 either.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I wouldn't, it's nice just the way it is!

6. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I wouldn't dilute either. It's really nice the way it is...:thumb:

7. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Have you tried buffing the surface after applying 303 to get the it to look more matte? This is what I do with Vinylex, works great.

8. jaxxx

jaxxx Virgin Detailer

yea, it looks fine after buffing, but I want slightly more matte finish... is there any OTC product that would give a more matte finish than 303 aero protectant?

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Einszett Cockpit Premium. It doesn't really look like anything. If you want your dash to "just look like a dash," this is the stuff.

10. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I was thinking of mixing 1Z with 303 to get some UV protection without the gloss. Has anyone tried this combo?

11. Nica

Nica Banned

I've never diluted 303...I wonder how it would perform diluted though :confused:

As for the mixture, never done that either...mmm...who's going to play the mad scientist role :thinking:

12. jaxxx

jaxxx Virgin Detailer

If I still had my loaner car I would do all kinds of crazy test on it lol

13. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

1Z cockpit premium is awesome stuff if you want no gloss, plus it cleans really well, but the way this stuff smells is just awful.
    I just tried 303 this week and I have to say that I am very impressed with it. Nice and easy to use, barely any smell, looks great on just about anything. I do not think I would dilute it though to turn down the gloss, just buff it off after putting it on.