Can you clay a matte black Aventador?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by mobilejay, Dec 5, 2012.

1. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

I just got a call from someone that needs their matte black Aventador clayed because of some over spray. I told him I would do some research and get back to him. So I need to know if you can clay this paint with out damaging it, or voiding warranty like on the Mercedes and BMW matte paint. Some info on this would be greatly appreciated. I don't know anything about the car, just that it got some over spray on some panels and that its matte black paint from Lamborghini.

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

I never clay a matte finish but other people here might give you more information.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Someone posted on here about the factory "matte finishes" car companies are using these days.............. it was from MB, it was a uber long lists of don'ts.

Biggest issue was polishing, and I assuming clay baring is similar. it will could/can and may create a shiny spot on the panel. So be real careful

I googled it because I was very interested about what you posted..

Can You Clay Matte Paint?

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Cool information!

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i believe Jimmy polished a matte white bugatti

6. mobilejay

Nice, I searched online last night and couldn't find anything like that.

Sent from iPhone

7. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I would be concerned with scuffing the finish and then figuring out how to get the scuffing fixed with being able to polish the paint. Also, I feel like any kind of light marring would really be noticeable with the flat finish.

8. mobilejay

Those are my concerns as well. I'm waiting to here back from PPG and the Lambo dealer.

Sent from iPhone

9. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

bob did a matte black wing once before as well(probably done many other things but i remember that one). The basics he gave me over the phone was "slowness gives the tightness".

10. mobilejay

LOL ok

Sent from iPhone