Can/Should one layer on top of 22ple?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by 997tts, Jun 13, 2013.

1. 997tts

997tts Virgin Detailer

I'm thinking about 22ple for my new Audi R8 spyder and was wondering if there was any utility/benefit in duration or gloss by layering a wax or sealant on top of the 22ple. Also, anyone with any experience putting 22ple on top of an Xpel Ultimate PPF?

Crappy phone pic of the R8:

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

Nice ride!

Topping coatings does sort of defeat the purpose of the coating IMO, but it can add to the look and feel depending on the coating and the topper being used. Keep in mind it also changes the dirt release and hydrophobic properties, at least while the topper is there, which is what I find the biggest draw back in topping as many waxes attract more dust.

I haven't topped 22ple with anything yet, but I have Opti-Coat Pro on my car and CQuarts Finest on my wife's vehicle and I have been using CarPro Hydr02 silica sealant over the top for added slickness (which is something coatings lack) and it silly easy to use.

I've applied other coatings over Expel without issue and I'm pretty sure 22ple will be fine as well.

Rasky

3. 997tts

997tts Virgin Detailer

Thanks!

Would you give me your opinion of 22ple vs CQ Finest?

4. Holden

Holden DB Forum Supporter

Sonax Polymer Net Shield would be your best option! It was actually intended for topping coatings. You could even use sonax brilliant shine quick detailer. If you haven't used either of these two, you don't know what your missing as they are superb even as standalone products. I'm getting my car done with 22ple pro this weekend and will be topping periodically in the future with net shield and periodically the quick detailer.

And of course, be sure to get any defects out with polishing before applying 22ple.

5. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

They are pretty close in look and ease of application, but CQF richened/darkened the paint a hair more and it also sheeted away water noticeably faster. I stopped pushing 22ple after using both and comparing them side by side on test panels, not because 22ple was bad in any way, I just liked CQF more and the exclusivity of it is more appealing too.

6. 997tts

997tts Virgin Detailer

Thanks for the info. I'm leaning towards CQF.

7. 997tts

997tts Virgin Detailer

I decided to go with CQF. So, you use HydrO2 instead of Reload on the CQF? Will post pics as soon as I pick the car up from Ivan.

8. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

Good choice!

I have and used Reload as well, usually to wipe car down prior to delivery, and it's also a great option, but Hydr02 is literally "spray on rinse off"....it doesn't get much easier than that! The Sonax Net Shield mentioned above is intriguing as well and it has some great reviews by detailers I trust and I've been tempted to try it myself.

Keep in mind I'm super busy with a FT career and detailing on the side...I have little time to care for my own vehicles so quick and easy products (Hydr02) are very appealing to me, as is the case with most my clients who have me coat their cars. I've been supplying a sample size of Hydr02 lately to all my clients who have their cars coated and feedback has been great so far. ;)

Can't wait to see the finished pics. Ivan will definitely take good care of you! :thumb:

9. 997tts

997tts Virgin Detailer

Finally...Xpel PPF, check...Multi-stage paint correction by Ivan, check...CQuartz Finest coating, check...Osman's satin emblems, check...some better non-iPhone pics, check...a big smile every time I rev that awesome V10, double check! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

acommonsoul likes this.
  10. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba