Can Paint be removed from cloth seats?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Lou1982, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Lou1982

Lou1982 Virgin Detailer

Is there anyway to remove paint from cloth seats?

2. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Any pics?

3. Lou1982

Lou1982 Virgin Detailer

Sorry, at work. I could post some later maybe. The spot is about 8 inches in length and about 2 inches in height.

4. richy

richy Guest

Is it your car or a customers? I would be very hesitant doing that unless I had a written release. My fear would be any chemical would cause the paint to bleed into the fabric and make it worse. Is it a water or petroleum based paint? You'll need to do your homework on htis one.

5. Lou1982

Lou1982 Virgin Detailer

It's actually my girlfriends. The paint is latex.

6. richy

richy Guest

You may end up trying several different methods on this one. I would start with agitating it with a brush and apc. I would try to wick it up with a white terry cloth towel. I would apply a bit more cleaner and vacuum. I would steam it too if you had that available, or an extractor. If not, use you wet vac to vacuum it up. Keep hitting it with water and cleaner and vacuum and wipe it up. That should work for you. Good luck and I'm sure you'll get other suggestions as well.

7. Drsuce

Drsuce Any Rag Vehicle Washer

i have removed acylic paint from a pair of red jeans with TAW and a brush. the TAW caused no bleeding for me.

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Latex is a water-based paint that can be removed with a d-limonene solvent (citrus based) product like P21s Total Auto Wash

9. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

how about a petroleum based paint? Can taw remove that?

10. calypso

calypso Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Its easy to remove the paint, just hard to do it without damaging the cloth.

11. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

I'm removing dried paint on carpeting right now with a razor blade. Brush the blade over the surface and it will break up/away the paint. There's barely(like none practically) any fibers being damaged.